Demps

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by sullytex, Nov 8, 2011.

1. sullytex

sullytex Member

There was an article on the last page of Personal Journal section in the WSJ today that was about Americans scoring in the English leagues. Demps, mcbride,wegerle were the top three. Wegerle, I think the sp is correct, played at Coventry City. I think it said he had 14goals. Nice to our boys get a little prime time coverage. Demps and McB are at 36 respectively, which I think most of us are aware of.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Roy Weberle was a very good striker and would have had a huge haul of international goals, but he had the bad fortune to be born in South Africa when they were outlawed from national team sports. He qualified for the USA by virtue of an American wife, but seemed to have taken his citizenship more seriously than say, David Regie -- who qualified under the same situation.

3. sullytex

sullytex Member

Boca was no 4 with 8 goals, so 3 Fulhamericanos in the top 4. Joe-max moore, reyna, preki, Bease, and then donovan (6 tied with 2 goals with Donovan). Total of 131 goals in the premier league by Americans.

4. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

How many times do we have to go over this...Dempsey is not Prem quality. That is all.