Deadline Day potential Fulham moves IN

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by dcheather, Aug 31, 2012.

1. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Maybe not in your eyes, but the Kings are considered "small market" just like many view us as "that small club by the river." It takes time to change negative perception and we've only put up our recent results for 4 years.

Keep in mind, the one kid who turned us down chose to stay with perennial Ligue 1 contender and Champions League or Europa League qualifier Lyon. While Ligue 1 isn't the Premier League, I can see why he'd do that.

2. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

This didn't stop QPR or Southampton. They both signed quality players. This comes down to the guy making the deals and has very little to do with how big our club is. If that mattered so much then Julio Cesar isn't at Loftus Road and Gaston Ramirez isn't at St Mary's.

3. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

And we signed Berbatov from Utd and Dejagah from Wolfsburg. Matters to some, not so much to others. Again, I'm not defending Mackintosh, I still think he's below average at his job.

Can't you still loan players after the window closes? Or is that just if the player drops down a league or more?

If not, then did we move Stockdale or does that mean he's stuck on our bench until January if we didn't?

4. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Re: Fulham's Chris David bid accepted by Twente

Yeah, a bit disappointing.

5. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

It looks like Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe is going to Everton on loan. Some are saying Fulham may have botched the paperwork.

We have a pretty sizable hole in the midfield due to paperwork issues? GRRRRR.

Edit- Merged all the threads of players we didn't sign but were linked with bids being accepted. :doh:

6. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

I was watching Sky Sports and had to leave thinking 'at least we've got some reinforcements coming in'....then to read everything fell apart :angry-banghead: :angry-cussingblack:

7. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

I love the Berbatov signing,Ricardson will hopefully fill a role and I don' t know the first thing about Dejagah other than he reportedly has a muscle tear. White elephant observation, I hope Sidwell, Diarra and Kasami can stay healthy until January.

8. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Bastos wants to go to UAE instead of the Premier League???????

http://www.sambafoot.com/en/news/35077_ ... ough_.html?

9. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Window is closed...our hope is free agents. At least that's my understanding.