DC gathering: Summers for Blackburn

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by DCDave, Sep 18, 2008.

1. DCDave

DCDave Member

Try, try again is my motto. Despite last week's problem with Setanta getting the Bolton game, I will again be at Summers in Arlington, VA, Saturday the 21st at 10AM for the Fulham-Rovers match. Summers is a block from the Court House Metro station on the Orange line. For more info/directions, go to their web site, www.summers-restaurant.com. I hope to see a few fellow Fulhamites there!

2. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Great stuff Dave. Is this match on Setanta or FSC?? Oh, and is it live?

3. DCDave

DCDave Member

Mike, thanks for reminding me to note the game is on LIVE, on Setanta Xtra, a special DirecTV channel (670). Last week, Setanta Xtra was supposed to show Fulham-Bolton according to the Setanta website, but the DirecTV site said it was a battle of the Wests (Ham vs Brom). Unfortunately, the DirecTV site was right. This week, both say Blackburn vs Fulham*, so we should be ok.

(*Actually, a funny thing about DirecTV and football. DirecTV has the game as Blackburn Rovers @ Fulham. They have consistencly done this for years because they have always assumed that the second team listed is the home team, as in the States.)

4. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Thanks Dave, just wanted to put the update on the 'next fixture' area on the left <------

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

interestingly, that informatinon has been in the right column [of our home page]for pretty much the last month.

6. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Really, its live? For real??

Who in the Bmore area is up for Slainte?