DC area Snow Daze

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Feb 7, 2010.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I rantilized Dave's DC area Snow thread.. so I'm doing surgery:

Amazing you would say that, Dave.

According to RFK, Jr just last year, McLean had snow on ground almost all winter long just back in the sixties.
    I mean I would hate to say that RFK is the black sheep of the vaunted clan and not really all that bright...
    ..uh. No, never mind, he really IS NRATB!!
    But then, you see, he was only eight at the time.

I remember the great midwest thanksgiving '50 blizzard -when I was eight- and the freakin snow was 25 feet deep and took all winter to melt.

Really, you say! Well, no.. but I was eight and I knew squat. just SEEMED like it.

BUT.. coincidentally, I happened to be stationed in the DC area from Sept 61 through Dec 63.. and guess frekin what!
    If it snowed more than half an inch, panic ensued and a freeway snow emergency was declared.. just like today.
    To the great delight of us more northren and midwest boys. Now, you can tell me, if you like that the snow patterns for McLean being slightly N and W of DC are all that different? I dont think so.
    So if Bobby 'SnowLuvr'* Kennedy Jr had a sled run all year in that same time, it was manmade snow.

Guess what the annual average snowfall is for ARL/FFX/DC. 16.6 inches!
    - For other big snows in the Va area over history, just look at that same link.

* I just threw that in there for fun. In honor of Rushbo and Dubya.
    -- - - - - -- - - - - --
    Dont get me wrong here. This weather and the weather in various regions around the world, over the last several years says nothing about whether the globe is actually warming or not.

But it DOES point out that referring to anecdotal data such as Bobby Snowjob Jr does is the sign of an idiot, a liar, or a conman. Pick two of three.

And anyone you dont like says 'the last ten years are the warmest on record', if you dont like the Fcukwad, just call him a fcukin liar to his face and tell him to prove it with CURRENT DATA that's NOT shown to be 'twiddled with.'

He wont be able to find it, because it disappeared down the old memory hole!

- - - - -- - - - -- - - -
    Doubt this will, though.. surely you all seen it by now:
    the Accuweather freakout!

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Old argument, 'fog. The snowfall in Houston earlier this winter proved that there's no such thing as global warming. Sean Hannity said so, so it must be true.

3. pettyfog

Well then.. make more fun of what he said.

Wait... how the hell you know what Hannity said?

4. pettyfog

Yeah... how obtuse of me to point out that others try to politicize it.

5. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Man - you just cant help but see everything in a political frame... It must be exhausting.

I just hope you dont have a room full of articles tacked to the wall with you mumbling to yourself while sitting in your sweats and robe with a weeks worth of facial hair catching the drool soaked crumbs falling from your unbrushed teeth... The glow of your LCD as your only companion...

6. pettyfog

Actually nothing tacked to the wall. Besides the voluminous blogs pointing in derision at enviro pointy heads like Bobby 'Snow', I got a GOOD memory for that trivia crap.
    Especially I got a damn good bullshit detector. If you wanna know how I detected bullshit on the original Goreacle moneymaker, I'll tell you. Again.

I was proven right, later.
    Again.

How about YOU look at seeing if Booby K Jr was right about his weather or blowing 'smoke', as it were..

The greatest attempted global fraud of all time and you wonder about ME! Is that where your priorities are?

Why dont you just add a $1000 donation to IRS.. that's peanuts to what that fraud would have cost you.
    And STILL MAY.

7. Jensers

Jensers New Member

I dont know 'fog - the problem is - I just dont care. It is all BS (from both sides of nearly all political talking heads it seems) and I dont need any of it.

Currently I get more money back than I pay the IRS so I dont care what they do with your money. (Well - maybe a little)

8. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Guess you weren't in the chatroom Saturday for Bolton. That fits about everyone by the time the game was over.

9. pettyfog

We in deep doo-doo!?

Bad thing:
    Yellowstone may finally blow!

Good Thing:
    Lower Global Temps
    That'll get everybody's attention off AGW for a while, not to mention cool things off even more... more polar ice, more polar bears dont gotta swim or fall out'a the clouds.. well, you know

I'm gonna hazard the prediction, no it wont. A win-win for me.

From that site:
    * Follow the raging debate.

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

RE: We in deep doo-doo!?

The Amazing Pettyfog and his One-man Rockfight!

11. pettyfog

Amazing how the vaunted HatterDon Critical Thinking and Cognitive Analysis skill stalls out on anything he thinks smacks of politic.
    Oh, well... some things rubbed raw never...
    - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - -
    And a link on that same site is also quiteIlluminati-ing

.. speaking of 'illuminating', I'm off to the Handyman Hardware to get those easily accessible parts to build me a perpetual motion generatorand cut my energy bills in half .. or even eliminate 'em altogether.

Any of you people interested in that, better buy those plans quick before the Bush/Obama/Rove/Cheney/Soros cabal sends the black helicopters to abduct those guys and haul 'em off to reeducation Internment camps, along with Alex Jones.
    - - - - - -- - - - - -
    I mean the guy on that site is one of few in the world to actually ACE several versions of the IQ tests... what could possibly go wrong!
    - -- - - - -- - - -- - - -

12. Jensers

Jensers New Member

I really hate the conspiracy theory BS because that is just what it is - total BS. If someone had a product like this 'generator' that does what this is claiming (which is contrary to my understandings of electricity and physics) it would be bought up by someone rich and rushed to market to make that person richer... Well - or it would be stolen and brought to market.
    It would not be being sold for $100 on some poorly designed website.

The energy required to spin the generator would never = a greater electrical charge on the other end. There would be an energy 'loss' at all parts of the system.

13. pettyfog

Latest Climate Change news:
    Not only does Climate change cause heavy snow in virgina, earthquakes and tsunamis, it is also leading to a drastic decline in the Minnesota Moose population, causing them to migrate to:

Michigan, Wisconsin, New York, Conn, Vt, Or, and Washington state.
    Where, variously the populations are increasing or 'burgeoning', depending on the observer.
    And what about Colorado?

Hmmm why dont we ask Joy Behar? I'm SURE she could explain it. We could ask Sarah what she thinks but she's too stupid; she only SHOOTS moose, she wouldnt know anything about their life patterns.
    -- - -- - -- - -
    "A crisis is a terrible thing to waste!"
    - Rahm Emmanuel
    "And a crisis in the program script of a media idiot is certainly not wasted!"
    - Pettyfog
    ----------------
    Epiphany!

"You know when I was a kid, the winters were a damn sight colder, and we very rarely saw a deer, let alone a coyote. Nobody EVER saw a Coyote in my part of the country.
    Now we've all hit a deer with our cars, like me. Or come close to it. And I can sit on my porch on mild evenings and listen to coyotes singing to each other.
    I wonder if it's due to Global Warming."
    - Pettyfog on application for open slot as a network news analyst

14. pettyfog

Thursday Dont Miss TV

Breaking:

Joy Behar's guest tomorrow will be Kendra Wilkinson, formerly a star of 'The Girls Next Door' and now with her own reality show, 'Kendra'. Backstage rumors are that Behar will ask Kendra if it's true that she moved to Carmel Indiana due to global Warming.
    Wilkinson made news in the gossip rags when, after Eminem poured a bottle of water over her head, she complained that the weather forecast had not predicted rain.
    Tune in on Thursday for a battle of wits

Related:
    Does Botox cause interpersonal cognitive dysfunction?

15. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Hank Baskett caused global warming? Man, play one onside kick off of your head and you get blamed for everything. :lol:

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

and the one-man rock fight continues

and if you're wondering what I mean by that, it's this:

It's been several months since anyone has disagreed with any of your hundreds of posts debunking global warming. Despite the fact that nobody disagrees with you -- or maybe because of it?? -- your posts get angrier and angrier and more and more devoted to personal attacks of writers, professors, and media dudes and dudettes.

You even take people to task who DON'T argue with you, saying that we're too lazy or too duped or too stupid to know that we're all being swindled. Nobody is fighting you, but you're still throwing rocks.

Look at it this way, if I had a neighbor who -- every morning at first light -- screamed out the window "IT'S THE GODDAMN SUN, YOU ASSHOLES" -- that would, in very short order get tedious. May I humbly submit that you have the last word on this site concerning global warning? May I further humbly submit that you have had this last word for months? May I even further submit that given all this, your continued aggressive pontificating about this subject TO NO DISCERNABLE NAYSAYERS ON THIS SITE is kind of like, I don't know, kind of like engaging in a one-man rock fight?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

17. pettyfog

I realize that Don, which is why I'm shifting to pure 'point and laff at the cultists' on the subject, here.

Gradually even the American press is realizing how close we came to never being able to trust a publicly funded study, again. Not out of the woods yet, but Getting there.

Even the AGW proponents are alarmed at the malfeasance.

Now maybe PRIVATE foundations will fund the REAL science. Bill
    Gates, Warren Buffet please step up.

My next target? MAYBE Super-Nuke plants. WRONG ANSWER to nuke power!