Crystal Palace USA

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by DCDave, May 27, 2007.

1. DCDave

DCDave Member

2. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

It's good that they're looking at the USL-2 team with the proper idea of breeding talent, providing them decent wages (relative to the rest of the USL), and not asking for the youth players to pay to get training.

They recently got the last US Open Cup slot, which is good for them.

Now to work on their current 1-4-1 record...

3. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

i just barely saw this thread today. that is cool...i wish Fulham would do something like that.

4. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

That is fantastic news for American Soccer and congrats to Crystal Palace for having the courage to make the leap of faith. I believe smaller feeder clubs like Alaves and Crystal Palace will find a few of those diamonds in the rough and hopefully improve the emphasis on the game and give more yanks the opportunity to play abroad.

On a side note...I believe Liverpool and Real Madrid are a few of the next clubs to make the plunge here in America. From my recollection they will just open academies not feeder clubs with sides in the MLS or USL first and second divisions.

5. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

As I have a soft spot in my heart for Palace and I support the team in the Coca-Cola Championship, I read about this a year or so ago when this was first started or the idea was being talked about. I think it is great!

6. Team_of_McBrides

Can I ask why you chose CP to support in the Championship?

7. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Good for Palace on delving into the U.S. market. I too, like Tom, follow Palace as they were the first Euro match I ever attended (and first time I ever heard "Glad All Over" blared through a PA too). Plus, even my simpleton self could never forget the words to their chant:

Palace! Palace! Palace!

8. Team_of_McBrides

Haha, so simple. Those Palace bunch are onto something.

Followed Palace for a bit, but never was a fan. Fantastic move for them and they should be able to find some talent here and there to place into their reserves and hopefully their first team some day.