Crossley seeks loan move

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by VonBilly, May 3, 2005.

1. VonBilly

VonBilly New Member

Mark Crossley hopes to get a loan move away from Fulham next season in order to find a new club.
    The 35-year-old goalkeeper, who has made 10 appearances in two seasons for Chris Coleman's side, has one year remaining on his contract at Craven Cottage.
    The imposing Welshman has been kept on the sidelines by the outstanding form of Dutchman Edwin van der Sar and the former Nottingham Forest man accepts he may have to drop down to the Championship to secure regular action.
    "I've got a year left at Fulham but I'll be looking to move out on loan next season because there's nothing like playing," Crossley said.
    "It's alright sitting on the bench every week, picking up the money, but it's better to be playing so I'll be looking for a loan period.
    "My contract probably won't be renewed at Fulham. I'm knocking on a little bit now, the wrong side of 30, but I still feel good and I still feel sharp enough and I can still do a job.
    "It would probably mean dropping down a division but I think I can play in that division, no problem." Crossley was on the bench for the 2-0 win over Everton at the weekend, a victory which guaranteed Fulham's Premiership safety.
    And the goalkeeper believes Coleman's close-season transfer business may be determined by who leaves Craven Cottage this summer.
    "There will be players coming in and players going out as there always is," Crossley continued. "I don't think Chris has got a lot of money to spend but it depends who he gets rid of.
    "He's done a great job. In his first season we finished ninth which is a great achievement for a club like Fulham. It's not been as good this year but we've not done too badly.
    "We're safe now and we can build for next year. We've been playing well lately but we've underachieved really.
    "We started off alright but we hit a bad patch and we never recovered from it really. We've found it tough this season and it's hard to compete but we have underachieved."