Craven Cottage 2007/08...

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by Team_of_McBrides, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Hello to all. This thread is going to be a basic running of list of who will be attending any Fulham FC home and away matches this coming season.

If any and all would care to post what matches they will attend and possibly a pub they might be at before the match starts I would appreciate it.

So far the home and away matches that I will be planning to attend are:
    Away: Wigan 9/15
    Home: Man City 9/22
    Away: Chelsea 9/29
    Home: Pompey 10/6
    Home: Derby County 10/20
    Away: Sunderland 10/27
    Home: Reading 11/3
    Away: Liverpool 11/10
    Home: Blackburn 11/24
    Away: Man Utd 12/1

Hopefully I will run into a frew of the FulhamUSA members while I am in London. COYW

2. Lyle

Lyle New Member

I won't be going to any game this year... probably not.

Have the time of your life over there though!!! I studied abroad in Germany for a year and loved it. Life won't get any better I think.

3. Team_of_McBrides

Thanks Lyle. I hope to have the time of my life. I'll try and keep in touch with the forum and everyone else back in the states while I'm over there. Got a new digital camera and hope to take plenty of picture. I'll try to post them from time to time.

4. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

i totally agree with lyle. i was in copenhagen last fall and it was totally surreal. even got to visit the cottage during my week in london.

i am trying to make it out sometime in january, but i'm not too sure yet.

oh, carraghers - be sure to check out ye olde cheshire cheese. best pub i've ever been to.

5. Team_of_McBrides

Timmyg...I take it the pub is in London or do I need to travel a bit to find it? Thank you for the tip though. Looking to hit as many pubs as I can...only have class two days a week. Boozers will be one of my primary focuses while abroad.

Cheers

6. Jacob

Jacob New Member

I am going to try and spend another Thanksgiving holiday at the cottage. We'll see how the funds pan out.

7. jmh

jmh New Member

I'm going to London in November and plan to see the Reading game at the Cottage and maybe (assuming it doesn't annoy the friend I'm staying with) also take the trip up to Liverpool.

8. phillybiz

phillybiz New Member

Going to be at Reading, and Liverpool away. Chelsea, West Ham away, Arsenal, Man United and West Ham. Can't wait.

9. Team_of_McBrides

Phillybiz... looks like I'll see you at a few of the away matches. Can't wait to see some of those massive parks. Anfield is a must see in my book.

Cheers and first round is on me.

10. phillybiz

phillybiz New Member

Yeah man. It should be a blast. Let the beer flow.

11. jmh

jmh New Member

Sounds like a decent FUSA crowd at the Reading game. I'm going to be bringing a friend (also from the USA) who's moving to London and looking for a team - maybe you guys can help me convince her that Fulham is the right way to go! :D

12. Team_of_McBrides

I've got a Manc fan who will most likely be attending matches with me. I need to show him the error of his ways and introduce him to a proper football club.

13. Morphsmate

Morphsmate New Member

Hopefully I'll be able to make it to the Pompey game on Oct 7th.
    If not then it may well be the first season I haven't attended a game since........hmmm......'bout 1993? 94 maybe.
    Thank McGod for FSC....

14. TheRock

TheRock New Member

Going to Pompey match on 7 Oct, will be at the Golden Lion at 11AM. Lemme now if you want to make the trek or I can help with tix! Cheers

15. fulhamsantacruz

fulhamsantacruz New Member

Oy - looks like I may be the only one out there today! Dont worry, we'll bring home the 3 pts!

16. Team_of_McBrides

Just bought my first of many tickets to Craven Cottage for the match against Manchester City on September 22nd. My friend and I will be in Block H4 Seats E77-E78. Can't wait and if any of you will be there or in the pubs before the match just let me know.

Come On You Whites!!!

17. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Nice work T_O_M!! I am sure you are going to have a great semester over there. Be sure to take some pictures and submit them to the site as well as posting your thoughts about the team, the stadiums, etc on this message board. You are going to have a great time!

18. Morphsmate

Morphsmate New Member

Thanks TheRock but didn't get a chance to go home that week after all.
    Was back for Christmas and New Year though so managed to get tickets to the Chelsea game.
    Good to get to a live game (despite losing to the scum) although strangely I see more now I live in the States thanks to FSC than I did back in the UK.

19. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

My husband and I are looking into heading over for the game on April 5 against Sunderland. ClevelandMo and her family are going for sure, I believe.

Will let you know...can't wait :banana: !
    -Terri

20. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Yes, we are a definite, but of course we dont have tickets to the game yet since they havent gone on sale.

Can anyone give me advice on sections that would have a good atmosphere, a good view, and be suitable for kids? I dont mind if they hear swear words (if that's necessary for some English footy atmosphere), but I dont want any lewd profanity or fighting. Any advice is appreciated.