Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of thugs

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by SteveM19, Sep 21, 2009.

1. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Three pitch invasions with no repercussions on the day? One is generally enough to have the match abandoned. West Ham continue to be above the law.

3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

They went on the pitch only to blow bubbles :roll:

4. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Funny Don I thought the same thing. Three pitch invasions and no cancellation?!?

I even wrote emails to several podcasts asking why this could be but never got a mentioned on air.

Its just another cover up.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

as the FA and league drift more and more into a bad imitation of Italy.

6. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

7. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

West Ham, guilty as charged.

Now, what will happen to them? I am skeptical.

I hope they sack Zola. Nothing at all against him, he just has way too much class to be in their organization. He'll land on his feet somewhere -- talent and class always win in the end.

8. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

I wonder if this has anything to do with the Green Street Hooligans broadcast??

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Nothing will happen to them, just as nothing happened to them over the illegal Tevez signing, and there'll be no repercussion over the financial shenanigans of the Icelandic bankers who own them -- well, nothing meaningful anyhow. As long as Sir Trevor Brooking is involved with the FA, his alma mater will be given wide latitude.

What's ironic about this incident, is that the Prem stated that docking points over the Tevez affair (which would have relegated West Ham) would be unfair to West Ham's supporters who were "innocent," Yes, innocent racist thugs.

10. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

So a club cheating in bringing in a player doesn't get docked points because of the "innocent" fans....

So was it the fans' fault that Luton had financial problems!?

Yeah - serious case of double-standard. I hope, at least, that the Spammers get to play in front of some empty stadiums a few times.

11. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

A whopping, awful penalty totaling 115k quid --

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... nd&cc=5901

It must be nice to be a Hammer. break all the rules you can and never have to pay any serious penalties. I hope they go down, and they are a pretty good bet to do it. Sorry Zola, you have to go.

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Yeah, John Terry could pay that fine from one week's pay packet. Of course, then he'd have to survive for a week on what he gets from backhanders for tours of Stamford Bridge, and whatever his mother and mother-in-law can shoplift from Tesco's.

Steve, if we could just figure out how to get Newcastle in the mix, that'd be a hattrick for you!

13. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

The Spammers need an edit to their song.

Fortune's always hiding? My eye. They need look no further than Trevor Brooking blowing bubbles up the FA's arse. I'll be rooting for their dreams to fade and die, but unlike Steve, I reckon they'll escape the drop. Too many sorrier clubs (Hull, Wolves, Burnley, Pompey) for the Hammers to go down.

14. general125

general125 New Member

Was it Charlton that went down instead of West Ham? Haven't they fallen all the way to League One? I should make sure I have my facts right before I make a statement about that being "fair" to their fans.

15. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Charlton are in Lg 1 but it was Sheffield Utd who got shafted by West Ham's shenanigans.

16. general125

general125 New Member

[​IMG]

The president supports West Ham United....err....Olympic.....