1. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

I made my first trip over to london this past week. Unfortunately, the cottage was closed for repairs, which didn't stop me from taking plenty of pictures. but on top of that, the shop was closed as well thanks to Nike. they announces the deal and closed the shop and got rid of all gear from last season. i did manage to find a small selection at Harrod's. What a disappointment. I guess I'll be going back during the season next time.

2. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Now that is a string of bad luck. Too bad you couldn't make it into the ground or the shop.

At least you were in Fulham...

3. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Did you enjoy your trip to London and to see the Cottage? Fulhams not a bad area eh?

Lets hope we see you during the season.

4. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

i did enjoy the area, I thought it was beautiful. My wife and I took the tube from London bridge with a change somewhere, I don't remember. Walked through the park along the river to the cottage. I think I had tourists stamped across my head at this point because I was just so excited to be there. We then walked up to the shop and took a picture of the empty shop. funny thing though, we were waiting on the 14 bus and looked across the street at a dry cleaners and they had an lsu flag and banner haning in the windows above the shope. that was interesting. We took the 14 up to chelsea and did the tour there. I can't wait to get back and get to the cottage for a match though.

5. Team_of_McBrides

Re: RE: Cottage

Is there a certain section of CC that all the FulhamUSA members sit in...Hammersmith, Riverside...?

6. americanmike

Re: RE: Cottage

I will not let you sit anywhere other than Hammersmith End or Johnny Haynes stand. The FulhamUSA members in London mainly sit in Hammy end, although there are a few in Haynes stand that I know of.

7. Team_of_McBrides

RE: Re: RE: Cottage

Thanks for looking out for me Mike. Anything I can do to get tickets in Hammersmith end let me know. Like when you guys get your tickets let me know and I will be a step behind you guys.

8. Jelly

Jelly New Member

dt's trip to the cottage sounds EXACTLY like mine last summer. Whole place was shut down, including the team shop, for renovations. And we took tons of pictures too...only of the exterior.

The only difference was that my wife and I went the totally wrong direction from Putney Bridge station, and added an extra 30 min to our walk to the grounds. When we were walking thru the park I was convinced we were still going the wrong way b/c it took so long to reach Stevenage Road!

9. Team_of_McBrides

From what I heard it is a nice area to get lost in at least. When did you make your trip to the CC Jelly?

10. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

that park was beautiful though, we loved walking through it. At least the store was open for you though.

11. Team_of_McBrides

What is the name of the park? I was going to try and find it on Mapquest or something so I can see how far walk would be.

Thanks for the help.

12. americanmike

Re: RE: Re: RE: Cottage

Bishop's Park

13. Team_of_McBrides

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Cottage

Thanks for the help again Mike.