Columbus Aftermath!!!

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by pettyfog, Jul 31, 2005.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

It was great meeting all of you who came to Columbus... not that i can remember ALL who i met, I'm a geezer after all, and if i'se good with names and faces, I'd be a Sales-based millionaire, wouldnt I!

At any rate it was great to help play host to you... along with Jux and Mrs Jux (Rob and Elizabeth), Tom, Mike, AM and all.. it was great to be a PHYSICAL PART of the Fulham family, odd little clique of soccer-geeks that we are!

And finally - kudos to my son Kevin and wife Pat, without whom I might have ended up a blithering pile of jelly!

Cheers!

2. thistlecoach

thistlecoach New Member

It was great to be in Columbus..i had no idea that this site existed!!! Now all we need is for Cookie to sort out he back four and we are all set..hope you all enjoyed what was a memorable day for the fans (regardless of result!!!)

3. Bee

Bee New Member

Anybody got the name of the bear that mauled me last night?

4. Tony_USA

Tony_USA New Member

... and what bear would that be then Bee?

5. Spozzie

Spozzie New Member

Good to meet Y'all

Good weekend, pity about the result good to meet up with so many Fulham fans and great organization from the FulhamUSA guys.

Great weekend guys and thanks

6. Bee

Bee New Member

The way I felt this morning I swear there had to be a bear involved

7. DCDave

DCDave Member

My wife Barb and I had a great time meeting everybody. Thanks for a great weekend!

8. Tony_USA

Tony_USA New Member

Bee,
    Thanks for the info, but I'm just not making the link about the bear!!! LOL

9. RDG

RDG Member

FFC Weekend

Kudos to all involved in making this past weekend a great experience!

It was great to meet so many people, especially since FFC fans in the US are few and far between.

I hope to see more faces at Baker St (or wherever) next time.

COYW!!!

PS: Story of the weekend had to go to JohnnyCash and his meeting up with Cookie.

10. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

RE: FFC Weekend

Yes, and I'm anxious for him to sober up and tell it in its entirety, again!

;)

11. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Re: RE: FFC Weekend

Me and Smokin just got back our selves. I'm off to bed in a minute but it really was a great weekend and was surreal to meet so many Fulham fans in the states.

Also, to those who couldn't make it, we wish you could've been there and stay tuned as I'm sure the stories will make for some entertaining reading.

Great stuff and a huge thank you has to go to Pettyfog for his HERCULIAN effort with the tailgate.

12. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: Re: RE: FFC Weekend

I would just like to say thanks to Petty, his son Kevin, his wife Pat, Mr Jux and Mrs Jux for all of their time, effort and money spent on making the tailgate happen on Saturday morning! Job very well done!!

My hangover has finally subsided and I feel about 80% normal right now. It was a great weekend meeting all of you!!!

13. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

THANK YOU

I just wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU To EVERYONE for a GREAT weekend,especially Pettyfog who I didnt get to meet since he was working SO hard making sure everyone was catered for.Pettyfog we may not see eye to eye on some subjects But you made everyone welcome and we enjoyed every moment while in Columbus.

It was GREAT hearing London voices again how strange is that?....LOL

If your ever in Nashville then please look us up.

THANK YOU Once again.

Martin & Pam

14. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

RE: THANK YOU

Back at my desk after a 12-hour long haul yesterday... It was great meeting everyone! Thanks to the Columbus "Crew" (pun intended) for all of their hospitality... Thanks to Mike and Tom for organizing the group... your leadership of the site is invaluable... and thanks to the Wille Brothers (also Mike and Tom) for letting me share the room with them...

Nice to know that Tom is functioning again at a certain measure of normality...

Is Jeff even close to sober yet? Oh to be young and of high tolerance again...

15. McBride'sHeader

McBride'sHeader New Member

Hey Hey Everyone!!!
    What a great week in the C-Bus... I t was great to meet Petty Cash and Johnny Fog. The Juxes, Landshark, and the rest of the FulhamUSA crowd. It was good talking with Smokin' and American Mike too... Too bad Fulham played like Chicago Tom felt on Saturday (and Wednesday). They've got loads of work to do before the EPL starts - let's not kid ourselves.
    Cheers to everyone and E-Z fellas!!!
    McBride's Header (Tom's brother)

16. ClevelandSimon

ClevelandSimon Member

Hell of a day, good time. Thanks to Mike, Tom, Pettyfog and his family. Nice to show my wife a slice of the beautiful game in person with all the different chants. Nice to see some people so sloshed they started celebrating the MLS goals too!!!!!! Oh for the joys of tailgating!

17. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I talked to Cash yesterday afternoon and he was functioning. We all might have to refresh him on some of the things he did though.

18. Jux

Jux New Member

It was great to finally meet everyone this weekend. I have finally completed my detox and am starting to get back to normal life. Thanks to everyone for showing up, pitching in, and making this weekend enjoyable. An extra special thanks to the Pettyfog family for all their hard work in the tailgate and for keeping it up through and after the game!

There is obviously more to say about the weekend, but I haven't had enough coffee yet!

Cheers!!!

19. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Re: RE: THANK YOU

That won't be a problem at all Tom. We have video. :lol:

20. Jelly

Jelly New Member

Just want to echo the sentiments of some of the newer members of FulhamUSA...thanks to everyone who had a hand in setting up the group and the website! Thanks to ChicagoTom for answering my cell call and directing me to the blue canopy, under which were so many great people and new, Fulhamish friends. I thought I was virtually alone as a US supporter of the club, and it's great to know I was very wrong, and to be a part of the community of FFC fans that was here the whole time!

I look forward to sharing the upcoming season with everybody and reading what everyone is thinking as we go along. COYW!!

Justin