collins john

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by fulhamfottier, May 22, 2006.

1. fulhamfottier

fulhamfottier New Member

is apparently moving to the blue half of merseyside for a mere 2million

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I wonder the legitimacy of this. My guess is that Collins is not going anywhere.

3. fulhamfottier

fulhamfottier New Member

RE: Re: collins john

Fulham striker Collins John has been linked with a summer switch to Premiership rivals Everton.
    The Dutch speedster has scored 11 goals in 35 appearances, but has had to battle for a first team place with the likes of Brian McBride, Tomasz Radzinski and Heidar Helguson.

Everton are keen to add firepower to their squad for next season, and it is believed Toffees boss David Moyes will check on John's availability before launching a ?2million bid.

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

RE: Re: collins john

How often is Clubcall right? And I wonder if planting a seed somewhere, with just the right wording wouldnt result in them picking it up.

5. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: Re: collins john

Not sure how often Clubcall is right. Perhaps Collins John will be gone, but I just cannot see it happening this summer. I would give him one more season at Fulham to try and establish himself as a lock for first team action week in and week out. Unfortunately, from what I have read and heard from others in and around the club is that John's work ethic is lacking and if he would ever get the motivation and desire to get better, the sky would be the limit.

A change of scenery might do him some good, but I would hate to see Fulham get rid of him and then he explodes for 20 goals at Everton.

Collins John is a good example of a player that has not been able to develop under the tutilage of Chris Coleman. John came to Fulham two and a half seasons ago and tore it up in his first few months with the club. However, since then, he has not really improved and while he does show some sporadic signs of life on the pitch, Coleman has not been able to teach him and guide him to be the player he can be. In essence, Coleman has not even come close to maximizing the talent Collins John has and as a supporter, it is a manager's job to do just that.

Thus, a change of scenery might not be the best for Collins, it might be a change of managers. Seeing as Coleman unfortunately looks as though he is staying, a move might be in the cards for John. I would hope not, but maybe he will move onto another team this summer.

6. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

This would be the worst decision Fulham have ever made. We dont have enough forwards as it is, but we will sell John? Also didnt we pay like twice what Everton are offering for John? If John leaves I Hope he becomes the top goalscorer maybe that will finally make that piece of shite manager Coleman leave.

7. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I can't imagine we paid all that much to FC Twente in January of 2004 to get Collins John. Remember, this is Fulham we are talking about. Had Fulham spent a good amount of cash on him, I think we would have heard more about it. Unfortunately, as is the case with many Fulham transfers, the terms for this deal were undisclosed.

Regardless, I agree with FFC24 that it would be a mistake to see Collins John leave Fulham.

8. andyns

andyns New Member

We have to keep him. Next season I would like to see him get more starts. Obviously he is lazy and a bit of a prat too, but he has a decent record scoring from the bench. He is young, he will mature and get better too. 2 million is nothing, keep him and play him.

9. krhimself

krhimself New Member

Now that Andy Johnson looks to be well on his way to the blue half of Liverpool, the CJ-Everton rumors look to be dead. I didn't think anything would materialize from the gossip anyway. I can't see any other teams trying to swipe him away from us this summer.