College Football - Late Season thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by krhimself, Nov 6, 2007.

1. krhimself

krhimself New Member

So much for that.

FSU 27 - 17 BC, with Weatherford actually outplaying Ryan throughout the game. :banana:

{Pettyfog added:Link back to other thread}

2. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Hopefully LSU can survive until the end... that way the country can find out if Ohio State is "for real". Big Ten is atrocious this year.

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I actually think Oregon might be the best team in the country right now. They have a heck of an offense and Dennis Dixon is one of those do-it-all quarterbacks in the mold of a Vince Young. If given a chance, I think Oregon can and will beat anyone in the country.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Where's the love for Kansas? Sorry, I almost corpsed typing that.

Yes, it's a headlong rush into the Avis position in the BCS joke poll. The entire nation wonders which of the 18 teams listed at one time or other as #2 this season will whup OSU's ass in the Whatever Bowl.

5. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Kansas is a great story, but they started off w/Central Michigan, SE Louisiana, Toledo, and Florida International (makes Ohio States non-conference games look credible...nevermind, they're both equally pathetic). The Big 12 is horrible, they skipped Texas on their schedule, need I go on? If they win out and beat Oklahoma then they'll have an argument, but they'll lose to either Okie State or to Missouri before that.
    Bottom line is Ohio State and LSU are locked in as long as they win.

As a Pac-10 fan, I'm pulling for the Ducks. My brother is a season ticket holder and is smelling a trip to N'Orleans. What a difference a coach can make. Dennis Dixson was benched last year in favor of Ryan Leaf's little brother, a new offensive coordinator comes in and Dixon is the Heisman frontrunner. USC loses their offensive coordinator, then his mentee, and now their offense is conservative and stagnant and they've fallen back.

6. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

LSU just lost in triple overtime, and its total and utter chaos. Now it looks to be the winner of Kansas/Missouri (as long as they win the Big12 championship game) and West Virginia. Ohio State, who was dead and buried 2 weeks ago, is one loss away from getting back in it.

Bottom Line; there has never been a season in my recollection in which there HAS to be a playoff. Not one clear-cut argument for any 1 team to be in.

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

and Texas lost to A&M, so that means that if Oklahoma loses to OK State tomorrow, THE BCS WILL PICK WHO PLAYS AGAINST the KA/MO winner for the Big12 title.

I love this chaos.

And, amazingly, EVERY NCAA SPORT with the exception of the top tier of pointy football determines its champion through a playoff.

8. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I think I like it more this way every year... it just keeps getting better!

9. krhimself

krhimself New Member

FSU 12 - 45 UF

After my Noles took yet another beating at the hands of the hated Gators, I felt more than compelled to write a long rant (well, half rant, half lament) about the state of the FSU football program. Since I don't want to take up the entire page with what I wrote, I'll just give you all a link to the "essay" instead:

LINK

There's still a chance that the Noles could come down to Orlando for a Bowl Game... but we could easily end up in Boise the way our season ended.