College Football Kickoff

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by SoCalJoe, Sep 3, 2009.

1. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

I'm looking forward to A&M v Arky @ JerryWorld. We've got the #1 ranked offense and lead in sacks, but have done it against a cupcake schedule. Time to get a test, even if the Pig Farmers aren't exactly world beaters this year.

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

***coff *** coff *** hawk... SPARTANS!

3. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I was wrong. Whoop de doo. Happens to even the greatest of people.

4. pettyfog

Ehhh.. dont sweat it.

If I were a Michigan fan and with that kind of start after so many dismal seasons, I'da been a little deranged, too.

5. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

So many dismal seasons? We just won the national title 12 years ago and have been a contender for the bcs for pretty much every year, but last year. So yeah, I'm not sure where you get "many" at.

6. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Game of the Week: #1 Florida at #4 LSU. Death Valley in Baton Rouge on a Saturday night is as loud as any Stadium in the world, in any sport. Tim Tebow is a big question mark for the game after coming off a concussion 2 weeks ago. LSU has been doing enough to win, but to their credit those victories have come on the road. Both teams have rugged defenses, so turnovers will be the key. The winner has the inside track for the National Title game. Hey Lyle...."Geaux Tigers"

Oregon at UCLA: Just a normal Pac-10 conference game, but my brother and his wife drove down and a group of 15 of us will be tailgating and going to the game at the one and only Rose Bowl. There is a public golf course that surrounds the stadium, and for game days they rope off all the greens, traps, tees and you drive and park on the course. Family and friends, carne asada, and a few adult beverages...life will be very good. 8)

7. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Seems like the theme this week is "Will he play or not". Tebow, Bradford, Bryant (although that one looks to be a definite no now).

8. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

There's so many good games on this week. Ole Miss vs Alabama is another game to watch. Can Ole Miss beat a top team? If they do, do they jump back into the BCS picture? Plus, is Snead really as good as the hype. SO far this season, he's been pretty crap so this is a game where he needs to prove his worth and do well.

Then you have Michigan vs Iowa. Iowa can jump into the top 10 with a win while Michigan can jump right back into the Big Ten picture. Exciting stuff.

9. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Go Hawks!

6-0 for the first time since 1985!

10. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

So 24, with that kiss of death you've put on MeatChicken, is there any chance we can get you to praise the invincibility of chelsea? :wink:

11. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Penn State 5-1 Overall, not bad, not bad.

Does anyone know of a 'College Football for beginners' site that I could send Katy to. She is fairly clueless on the sport and even more so in the area of College football. Imagine me trying to explain the BCS, Big Ten, etc.

12. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

13. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

5 turnovers will make you lose the game. I was right in an earler post about us beating ourselves, unfortunately I didn't want to be right about that! I really couldn't remember any of the turnovers being forced either.

If we can recruit some secondary players, we will be in the top 15 next year. Our secondary is fucking crap. I think the goal with this current team is to get them to a point of BCS title contender in the next 3 years.

14. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

If there was ever a post on this site that cried our for an icon w/ a middle finger, this one is it.

Which reminds me...

I saw this once on youtube, and am too lazy to look for it, but one day in a zoology class, I saw a flock of geese flying upside down. I thought this was truly strange. So, I asked the professor why they were flying in such an unnatural position. He told me, "They had to. They were flying over College Station Texas, and there's nothing worth crapping on in the entire town."

15. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

:3d laughing: Not so much. Pales in comparison to Aggie jokes (which originate from Aggies).

May be worthy of a middle finger to you, but I've lived in B12, SEC and Pac 10 country and that's been the general concensus for the past 20 years.

You're a fan of the nuts. You really find them exciting to watch? Really?!?

16. pettyfog

UC v USF

Anyone else watch that?
    - - - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - -
    To: Jim Tressel
    subject: fan favorites

Man it's good to finally have an exciting Ohio team to watch on National TV.

You know.. like a team that has more than one QB who's trusted with the ball. And who has a playbook that has more than some stupid freakin' OPTION call.. this aint the eighties, and you aint in Arkansas, idjit!

Sincerely,
    Bite Me

17. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Brian Kelly's done an impressive job at Cincy. Their biggest challenge will be keeping him.

Pike had some man-sized completions in that game. He looks slight and lanky, but he has the arm to play at the next level.

I think I remember you touting them as the most exciting team in Ohio at the start of the season. If so, good call.

18. pettyfog

From the wayback machine, 2006:
    D'antonio came in from Tressel's staff. He's the first of the UC 'promotion' Head Coaches.

19. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Schools made inquiries about Kelly last season and he'll be on the short list if any big job comes up (Florida State promised the job to someone else, but this guy would be great to go up against the Gators and Canes in the Sunshine State).

2 of the biggest annual showdowns in all of college football happen this Sat.

The Red River Rivalry; Oklahoma v Texas; OU's season has been reduced to winning the Big 12 once Bradford got hurt. He's back and the Sooners would love to put a big dent into the Longhorns' title hopes. I'll take Colt McCoy beating Bradford, but could go either way.

USC at Notre Dame; The Irish will look to get it into the 4th quarter in South Bend (they've pulled out 3 last second wins). If Mark Sanchez had come back instead of going to the Jets, LA's pro sports team would win by 30, but a true freshman is the qb, and losing star rb Stephon Johnson in a freak weightlifting accident (close to fatal) has the Trojans beatable. Charlie Weiss has to get a signature win soon, last second wins against Purdue don't cut it.

20. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

I remember his name coming up when we were looking for a coach 2 yrs ago and I was really hoping he'd get a serious look. We went with Mike Sherman instead and the jury's still out.