College Football Kickoff

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by SoCalJoe, Sep 3, 2009.

1. IanHux

IanHux New Member

RE: College Football Payback

And UW beats USC. UW's head coach (forgot his name) used to be the Trojan's offensive coordinator. That ought to be a sweet win for him.

2. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Too bad you have to play my Hawkeyes next week. Hopefully the game is a lot like last year.

:wink:

3. LaxAttack

Re: College Football Payback

I care.

Signed,
    Iowa '04 Grad

4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Re: College Football Payback

I'll remember next time Lax. Good win for your team, the Hawkeyes made our young QB playing his first road game look like a dear caught in the headlights.

BCS busters had a bad weekend. BYU took Florida State for granted (how times have changed) and got slapped around at home. Utah finally lost a game, at Oregon, who looks to be getting up after that horrible first game. Boise State, BCS haters have turned their lonely eyes to you.

USC; now we know why Pete Carroll wanted Sanchez to stay in school, the qbs he has now aren't good enough. The Washington quarterback Jake Locker is the best at his position this side of Colt McCoy. My folks went to UDub and Huskies football was my late father's pride and joy (I know he was smiling someplace on Sat.)

To our Penn State fans; don't get me wrong, I had a great experience going to a game in Happy Valley, but they played Akron, Syracuse, and Temple in nonconference. That's inexcusable, laughable, and embarrasing. And yes they schedule 5 years in advance, but those 3 teams sucked then too! Joe Pa has zero gripe if they go unbeaten and don't get a shot.

5. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

In other news, Michigan tore apart Eastern Michigan in the 2nd half. Forcier had a pretty so-so game, but we still pulled through.

Looking at our schedule, I can see us going to a BCS game. WHAT? We play Penn State at home which means we could be undefeated going into Ohio State. I think Forcier is the real deal and we're going to put up 30+ a game. If our secondary gets its act together, watch out!

6. SoCalJoe

A couple of games to pay attention to after the Arse match;

Iowa at Penn State; The Nittany Lions couldn't skip out on the Big Ten opener to play the Pennsylvania School for the Blind (a step up compared to the slop they've scheduled so far), but a loss to the Hawkeyes last year will probably be enough motivation for Joe Pa's crew to squeak this one out (sorry Lax).

Miami at Virginia Tech; The Hurricanes look to be on the way back (which is good, so everybody can go back to hating them again) travel to Blacksburg to face the Hokies. Va Tech will need to step up on O to win this one.

Texas Tech at Houston; No, Bum Phillip, Earl Campbell, and the rest of the old Oilers won't be on hand, but rather the U of Houston Cougars, a former powerhouse who hasn't been relevant since....Forever. This battle in the Lone Star State should feature a helluva lot of scoring.

7. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Ohio Collich football fans have ONE exciting team to watch..... Cincinnati! Cincinnati! Cincinnati!

Yeah, I know Fresno State doesnt do much for the anticipation.. but WTH, it was scheduled long ago.

On OSU... Tressel has succumbed to the 'careful, fat and lazy' syndrome.. which has nothing to do with body weight. Playing to not lose SUX, chowderhead!

And I'll REPEAT that, EVEN after reading and, mostly, agreeing with:

Tressel outshines Carroll in college football's location nation

8. LaxAttack

Go Hawks!!!

I love Iowa's defense.

9. pettyfog

Figures! Bearcats dont exactly overwhelm Fresno State, 28-20... while the Buckeyes bored the Illini Defense to the max, putting them to sleep.

As LaxAttack noted, the only really GOOD result was the 'Retire Soon' message Iowa sent to JoePa.

10. SoCalJoe

Contenders falling by the wayside; Va Tech whoops the Canes. Cal looking ahead to USC gets destroyed at Oregon (happens to the Bears every year), Penn State loses to Iowa again. All the credit to Iowa, a definite contender in the Big 10, but the horrible schedule comes back to haunt the Nittany Lions. They had 3 games where the games were over at halftime. In their first real game, they get outscored 16-0 in the last quarter...hmmm

11. pettyfog

As it stands right now, I'm picking Michigan over Ohio State... and I dont care where it's played.

And yeah... I dont like MI, and root for OSU but I'm sick of what I consider 'playing not to lose.'

That's why the Bucks got thumped in their last two on the big show. It's a freaking MINDSET!

Jimmy, go watch the Black and Gold play! It's only a ten minute drive from your freakin office!

12. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Well OSU couldn't outscore us which is why we will win the game. Nobody in the Big Ten can outscore us and we have far too many weapons to be stopped. We have 2 running backs that can both pull off 150 yard game and 2 QB's That can both lead the team down the field. There's not a defense in the country that can stop us.

13. pettyfog

O-fercrineoutloud!

You've played WHO, again? My bet: there's at least TEN Defenses in the country can stop you. Let's not go crazy, here.

14. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

It doesn't matter who we've played. What matters is how we regularly put up over 35 a game aand the way we do it. We have too many weapons to be stopped on offense. There is teams that can outscore us, but there's no defense that would hold us under 30. If we get held under 30 this season it will be because Forcier and Minor have shit games rather than the defense stopping them.

15. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I never thought I was say this, but I would take Forcier over Pryor right now. Not sure what the deal is with Pryor. I can't figure out if Tressel is at a loss with how to use him effectively or if he simply is not that good. He looks lost out there.

I love Michigan more than any other team but I still do not think they beat Ohio St. It is in Ann Arbor this year though so that is a plus for us Wolverine fans.

16. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

So let me guess, you may get outscored, but no one will beat you this year either.

17. SoCalJoe

Let's see, it doesn't matter that they've played Western & Eastern Michigan, Notre Dame (who can't play D), and Indiana (who don't play football)?? ALL at home. :? Sorry to burst your bubble 24, but going against 4 of the worst defenses in Division 1 helps the O look good.

18. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I guess you just have to watch the games. Forcier is the best freshman QB in the country and we have all kinds of weapons around him. This offense is loaded and I really don't think it matters who we play. We will score points and the only worry I have about the team is if we can stop the other team.

19. LaxAttack

Just wait until October 10.......

:wink:

20. SoCalJoe

Games of the Week;

Michigan at Michigan State; nice of Michigan to actually leave Ann Arbor. MSU look terrible, but interstate rivalry will make this an intense affair.

LSU at Georgia; The Bayou Bengals have escaped a couple scares on the road already (Washington & Mississippi State), can they go 'between the hedges' down in Athens to set up a showdown with Florida next week? The Bulldogs are rebuilding and are tied for being the biggest egnigma in college football. They have a great coach, great players, great facilities, but put in 2 or 3 performances a year that are horrid. This sounds exactly like their twin across the country Cal...

USC at Cal; This was going to be the year the Bears claim the Pac-10 title, except they lost by 40 to Oregon last week. Hard to imagine that they can put that bad a loss behind them, but USC is so conservative on offense they make Ohio State look sophisticated.