College Football - Early Season thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    According to ESPN, Jeff Sagarin picks Ohio State as #2 behind USC.

Against all other pundits and common sense.

Let's all send EMAILS to every other Big Ten school's head coaches telling them this is ridiculous and they have nothing to worry about.. and dont forget to post on here how stupid that is.

[​IMG]

2. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

RE: Sagarin on College Football.

I absolutely despise USC. I pretty much dislike most things California it seems.

But Ohio State lost too many players to be considered numero dos.

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: Sagarin on College Football.

Go Blue!

4. phillybiz

phillybiz New Member

Shameless Homer take, Ray Rice Keep Choppin. But seriously, I wouldn't worry 2 much bout USC. Yes they have the best talent but there out of conference schedule is solid. Combined with the annual Pac ten slip up against somebody like UCLA or Arizona. Love it when the Big 10 is strong though.

5. jmh

jmh New Member

Now that's what I like to hear!

6. pettyfog

Re: RE: Sagarin on College Football.

THAT'S what I mean... Copy/paste/distribute to big ten mailing list!!!!

H'okay, teammatez?

7. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Sagarin's poll has always been a joke. Out here in the land of Troy they're calling this Carroll's best defense with an even faster team speed than the one that DESTROYED Michigan in the Rose Bowl. They have a ton of unproven talent at the rb/wr spots which may be their lone achilles' heel.

Nothing more obnoxious than a USC fan (the sense of entitlement is comical). Of course 10 years ago they were getting 45k at the games, and now everyone has been a lifelong fan. All I know is my Arizona Wildcats will be crappy for the upteenth year in a row.

8. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

College Football starts w/an upset

Strong start for the Big Joke er Big 10...

Appalachian State 34 Michigan 32

9. Lyle

Lyle New Member

I went to LSU... so Geaux Tigers!!! Glad Appalachian State humbled Michigan and ruined their hopes at a national championship already. One less team for LSU to compete with.

10. terry1lj

terry1lj New Member

MICHIGAN lost!!! Michigan State Big Ten Champs!!! Go Green!! Go White!!

11. terry1lj

terry1lj New Member

Re: College Football starts w/an upset

Michigan is NOT the Big Eleven, you should look for for Wisconsin or Penn State to dominate this year. Don't buy in to the Chad Henne, Micheal Hart bullsh*t.

12. pettyfog

From Merriam Webster on-line:
    Interesting that there is much gloating around the country on Michigan's woes this weekend. Also interesting that a radio talk jerk should use the word 'schadenfreude' which DOES exactly describe it.

I dont take joy in it. I'm a Buckeye fan; Ohio State has to play Michigan in the last game of the season and NOW that is Michigan's 'BIG GAME'.

There's another word: karma*. especially the subdefinition 'what goes around, comes around'.

Of course, some guys in Columbus sports are largely couching their glee in the supposition that this is the end of Lloyd Carr riding on the coattails of Bo and now it's likely Michigan goes out to get a REAL coach.

Notre Dame: Georgia Tech isnt ALL that good, either, and the end of the dynasty is nigh. I'll expend my gloat on that result.

Doesnt matter HOW good a coach you put in there... no one cares. This. in a few years, will bring up the dilemma of 'what to name the 'Big Ten' once it has twelve schools.

* For all the stuff on the net, you DONT have to be a buddhist to believe in karma. Karma doesnt wait till 'the next life'

13. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

As a Michigan fan I am obviously disappointed and disheartened with the Wolverines. What is tough to swallow is that even if Michigan runs the table they will NOT win the national championship.

As for the Big Ten, I am NOT buying into those that say Penn State and Wisconsin are the teams to beat. I will still take Michigan and Ohio State over both of those schools.

Notre Dame fans......it is going to be a long year. My family is full of Notre Dame syupporters and it will be a rough year for them.

14. WVfulhamfan

WVfulhamfan New Member

I am a huge West Virginia fan. This year really worries me because we are hyped up again. Over the last 15 years or so, whenever they were supposed to be very good, they always lost a few games they shouldn't have. However, when no one was talking about them, that is when they would have the big years. I still love our offense, Pat White and Steve Slaton of course, but am not too sure about how the defense will hold up. They play a 3-3-5 with an extra defensive back. They have a lot of good young athletes, but coverage could be a problem at times.

15. martin

martin New Member

It was a glorious day in South Bend for this Georgia Tech dude :banana:

16. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

I'm thinking my Nittainy Lions will surprise many and win the Big 10+1.

And I was just SHOCKED to hear Michigan had lost. But in all fairness, Appalachian State isn't the pushover everyone is making it out to be. They are the two time defending Division I-AA champs. But still ... there is no way they should have won AT Michigan.

17. jorge11

jorge11 New Member

Texas almost joined Michigan in the "infamous loss" category this weekend, but with a little luck, a penalty and an onside kick - pulled it out.

i think that teams like Appalachian State, Boise State, TCU, etc. are showing that the gap is closing a little between the "haves" and "have nots". the reason for this is the breadth and depth of talent these days. there are more and more really good ballplayers who have to go somewhere and "the bigs" can't sign them all.

personally, i'm glad to see it. although i would have been "less glad" had Texas gone down to "have not" Arkansas State - LOL!

18. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

My Cougs beat Arizona...now they have a tough tough hurdle at UCLA...but hey, I'm stoked they won their opener. As far as that Michigan game...I hear that Buckeye fans are gobbling up all the Appalachian State merchandise they can find. That true w/ our own Buckeyes on this site?

19. terry1lj

terry1lj New Member

Thats true of the Spartan fan from an hour north of East Lansing. I can't get enough of Michigan losing. It might have something to do with the years of feeling exactly like they do right now, that they're team is outmatched everywhere and they stopped caring just after the first snap of the second game, or maybe it's all those Michigan fans that are still dillusional thinking that they still have a chance to win the Big Eleven. I love me some Wolverine suffering!

20. krhimself

krhimself New Member

Watching the Gators lose (on a last-second field goal, no less) is such a beautiful thing!