Coleman Out

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Spencer, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

I find myself writing this not out of anger but dispair and rejection. When I see Chris Coleman my impression is that he's a guy who is Fulham and that he truly cares about this club and puts forward his best effort to see it succeed.

I am saddened to say I have lost faith in his ability to take us forward. We have not won in over two months and have taken only 3 of the last 24 points. That is simply unacceptable, and today's devastating 3-1 loss at home to Man City is a new low. A week and a half ago the thought of relegation didn't seem at all realistic and now is terribly real.

We stand four points above the drop with five games remaining, the current two teams in the drop zone have a game in hand on us. Todays game was by far the easiest remaining fixture and Coleman proved incapable of leading the team to victory or even a point. I see no reason to believe he'll have more success in the next five games then he's had in the last eight.

Must we wait, must we suffer yet another defeat in a week? Must we wait until we fall into the drop zone proper before pulling the trigger?

In my view Chris Coleman no longer has the respect and confidence of the players. He's grown stale after nearly four years at the helm and is taking us in the opposite direction to where we need to go. My hope is that a new head man will restore confidence to the side and give at least a temporary resurgence to the team and save us for the time being.

I understand the hesitance of some and that a new manager is no guarantee but I see the current track as one set for danger.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Spencer,

I must respectfully disagree with you -- with the emphasis on "respectfully." You're reacting out of passion and despair, two of the necessary components of Fulhamish. I stated all my concerns in my match report, but I still think that CC is the main reason why we got to February without being dead last in the Prem. I think we'll survive this late season slide also.

That doesn't mean that I don't share your passion and despair.

3. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

2003/04 9th
    2004/05 13th
    2005/06 12th
    2006/07 15th????(and this if we finish the season strong)

Even if we do come through this and stay up the trend is clear. The same mistakes are repeated again and again, we are not showing improvement. If we were addressing the problems that would be one thing but we are simply hoping that they just go away. It doesn't work like that.

Don I have to respectfully disagree with your view that Coleman is the only reason we don't find our self in the bottom three already. I absolutely refuse to believe that our side doesn't have more quality than the likes of Wigan, Charlton, Sheff U, Watford, Boro. We should be above those sides even if a circus monkey or worse Steve Sampson was managing us.

And I'm rather tired of the Prem team on a Championship budget excuse(not that Don used it but nearly everyone else does). Coleman spent 7 million pounds in January alone. I doubt there is a single CCC club that did the same. Its not a huge kitty but this isn't Luton or Cardiff, Coleman has had money to spend.

4. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

I don't know if a new manager is the answer, but if it can work that well for Sunderland...

5. Jacob

Jacob New Member

He has to sell players to make money to buy them. People forget that. I will have to agree with Don on this one. We played what 6 defenders during the beginning of the season, tactical suicide and managed to beat arsenal and tie Chelsea. It is like I've seen two teams, one before January and one after. That leads me to believe other things as well...