Citeh v. FFC [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Apr 7, 2009.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, it's that time again -- time to go up to The City of Manchester Bowl of Boredom, and time to beat their baby-blue butts.

Citeh are much like us, killer-diller at home, yeeeech away. The major difference, of course, is that their players cost 4-5 times as much to acquire and to pay every week. Ireland, Wright-Phillips, Bellamy, and Robihno are all breath-taking attackers and they've got a defense that's a mixture of skillful veterans and quick young players. And this mixture is why we're going to beat them on Easter Sunday.

Citeh go all out in attack. The problem is that they leave their back four with more than half the field to defend all by themselves. Whenever the Mancunian Blues attack a well-organized defense that holds its shape and doesn't panic, they tend to double up on the offensive. One good thoughtful ball upfield and they can be had, and they are had quite often.

So, I'm thinking that if we can hold on for the first 30 minutes, they'll lose all their discipline and we can get at them. They aren't in United's or Liverpool's class in defense or in midfield.

I expect the same lineup. Those of us who had hoped to see Barnes may have to wait until August. I have recently read a post by "an insider" saying that Barnes is fit, but a bit soft still and that, if we don't use him this year, his ultimate payment to Derby will be smaller.

Manchester City 1 Fulham 3

And let's hope that Kamara can come on as a sub and stick it up their butts just one more time!

COYW!!!

PS This one is LIVE on Fox Soccer Channel.

2. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

This is a team that can be had, but is more susceptible to an AJ/Kamara or AJ/Nevland pairing than Zamora, imo. With either of the first two pairings, I like us 2-1. With Boobzy, 1-1.

Interesting fact: We've taken all 3 pts at Citeh 2 of the past 3 trips. Very counter to our road form over that span.

3. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

I got it Fulham 2-1 as well. Robinho is due, so I'll gift them one goal. I'll have to DVR it on FSC as I was roped into going to church with my dad. I'll do anything for him, so I agreed to attend church with the family on Easter. Just as long as nobody tries to convert me (I'm Buddhist). I must admit though, I've tried to convert my dad into becoming a football fan (round, not pointy). He's having none of it though.

My wife was like "Sure, I've been wanting to find a new church to attend, sounds fun. Wait, when is the Fulham/City game on? 11 am? What time does church let out? Noon??? Crap." haha

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

That's why I love the DVR, DtD. I'll be in church singing in the choir, zip home immediately after, fire up the smoker [turkey legs at 5 o'clock], and in between mopping and monitoring and helping HatterMom straightening, watch the match. Three points for Fulham and a house full of friends and family.

Life is good.

5. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

greetings from riga!

i cannot wait for sunday!

moi moi!

6. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Timmy...I'll email you my cell number. No confirmation on pub yet except to say that it is around the station somewhere.

7. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Enjoyed the analysis HD. Looks like the hubby will have to take me to a pub for an Easter Sunday Brunch, I will finally get to watch the Whites! Still no FSC in my abode. COYW! I predict goals from AJ and Davies.

8. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

9. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

thanks, kiddo; one of HatterDon's fave tapes.

11. Lyle

Lyle New Member

We can beat these guys. What a fiasco Man City is. They're are depressing. Ugh. Nothing worse than being a team like Man City or Tottenham, that's big enough to afford decent players and can't even put in an Evertonian type season.

Next year will be the same story.

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

they got slapped around pretty good yesterday. Their defensive frailties showed. We can do the same to them on Sunday. We SHOULD do the same to them on Sunday.

13. Flamingcokecans

Flamingcokecans New Member

Yeah, I think they are very weak in the back and hopefully they are fatigued from yesterdays match. I give us the win 2-1, I will be disappointed with anything worse than 1-1 draw, especially with the way our boys played against Liverpool, that defense should shut down a Man City team that will probably try to hard after the loss this week.

14. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Lawro's got FFC down for a loss, so it'll be a draw for sure:

"The thing about Man City is that they really have become two teams. The home team scores lots of goals, plays lovely football and tears teams apart, but then there's the team that, once it leaves the outskirts of Manchester, just seems to collapse.

Because they are at home, then, I'm backing them to beat a much improved Fulham team that, regardless of the result of this match, are capable of a decent end to the season.

Verdict: 2-1"

15. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

16. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

After the loss to Pool I washed my Away shirt. Its worked so far after a loss so why not this time.

17. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

I think Man City is such a Jekyll and Hyde team this season that I am going to throw my hands up and say I have no clue what is going to happen on Sunday.

I want to say that Fulham will be a lot more organized and get the win or draw, but you never know with Man City this season.

Much like Charlie from It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, they are the WILDCARD!

[​IMG]

I apologize in advance if no one gets that reference, I may have had one too many drinks tonight.

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

"Of course, I'm a Gemini, so I never know what to expect."

There's a quote right back at you.

19. morry32

morry32 New Member

funniest show on television

20. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

So much for Gera being injured. And Etuhu will be facing his brother today. Here's the lineups/subs for today:

TEAMS Man City v Fulham
    Man City: Given, Richards, Onuoha, Dunne, Garrido, Etuhu, Zabaleta, Ireland, De Jong, Petrov, Bojinov. Subs: Hart, Robinho, Elano, Fernandes, Evans, Sturridge, McGivern.

Fulham: Schwarzer, Pantsil, Hangeland, Hughes, Konchesky, Davies, Etuhu, Murphy, Dempsey, Johnson, Zamora. Subs: Zuberbuhler, Nevland, Gera, Kamara, Dacourt, Stoor, Baird.

COYW!!!