Chris Coleman

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by EricD, Nov 13, 2007.

1. EricD

EricD New Member

2. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Hmmmm not looking to good for you Cookie, 4-4-4 in 13th place and now your out getting sloshed until 5am! I'm sure the wife back home with the three kids is also pleased.

3. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

He was always known as a big drinker during his player days...and his coaching days...and now his Spanish coaching days...you get the picture.

It's a small world though, because the guy owns the place I get my coffee was a head bouncer at a club Chris frequented and boy did he tell me some whoppers.

Come on Coleman, get your fecking act straight.

4. krhimself

krhimself New Member

Well, if nothing else, Mrs. Coleman could always place a bug in his car.

5. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

DOH!

6. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

I never knew this... but it makes sense...

Not only did he manage as if he were drunk sometimes, but he'd also have amnesia about the matches he lost probably by drinking them away.

A recent study suggests that few guiness' and a few Carling will delete the notions of using the 4-4-2, sitting Zat Knight, not shooting Radzinski (in the head), & signing good players.

This might also explain the empathetic affection a drunken Johnny Cash recieved from Cookie on the bus after that All Star game in Colombus.

Excuse me.

I never actually MAKE sense... someone else makes it, I recieve it, beat the crap out of it, and try to pass it by you as the real thing.

7. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

I didn't know this either. I had read on a message board not nearly reliable as this one that he was under the influence when he had his career ending car crash. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

8. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

It was rumoured, but the police are hot on drink drive and he would have had his blood tested after the crash. If he was over the limit the CPS would have loved to put him in the dock. High profile drink drivers crying and going in prison are a good message - see Tony Adams.

9. Lyle

Lyle New Member

What about Chris Coleman and his wife? I think "Realistic" or some such FFC supporter spread gossip about marital woes and such. What was that about?

10. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

http://www.fulhamusa.com/index.php?name ... 3122#23122

There was the car alleged bugging. Neil Warnock also took a shot at him a while back when asked if he'd be interested in managing abroad like Coleman?, "No thanks I'm happily married", was his response. In another article about settling in Spain Coleman acknowledged there were some troubles.

11. RDG

RDG Member

Cookie Coleman

:3d laughing:

I almost remember being in Columbus.

JC's version of this event was priceless!