Champions League 2009/10

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by WhitesBhoy, Jul 29, 2009.

1. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

A couple of results of interest to me:

AC Sparta Praha 3 - 1 Panathanaikos (1st Leg, let's go my Czech brothers!)

Celtic 0 - 1 Dinamo Moscova (1st Leg / 1st Half, not happy about this one so far.)

2. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Celtic 0 - 1 Dinamo, Final.

Not a good result heading to Moscow next Wednesday.

How about the rest of you lot? Got any favorites going into this season?? Extra points for minnows.

3. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Rangers, but they don't start playing in the UCL until next stage :-D

(not that I personally care about the history or the rivalry - I'm just rooting for Edu, but it is an opportunity to yank your chain a bit in friendly fun :-D)

4. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Yank this:

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2009/08/05 ... ighlights/

Celtic benefit from a nifty little bit o' target practice in extra time from the Big Greek, and now on to conquer foreign giants.

Sparta Praha OUT yesterday. 3 home goals from Panathanikos made them all look like their favorite dog had just been run over.

Rankers..............well........they suck. (But did manage an extra time winner against Man-spender Shitty, albeit a Friendly).

5. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

6. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Well, at least Celtic will be able to focus on winning back the SPL title...

7. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Re: RE: Champions League 2009/10

Aw, fuck it, WB, kick the Arse's arses six ways to Sunday

8. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

RE: Re: RE: Champions League 2009/10

I'm not exactly chuffed to have gotten Arsenal, BUT if we were looking for a Big 4 team that may be in transition after losing some key players, and perhaps is a little weaker than normal and possibly somewhat disorganized, this would be the opportunity to do some GIANT killing.

Otherwise, The Europa Cup is about to get ALOT more interesting for this WhitesBhoy.

9. Aztattooedsean77

Aztattooedsean77 New Member

I hope Celtic and Atletico Madrid win in their playoff rounds.

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

INterestingly, while FSC is tape delaying the Celtic-Arsenal match, Fox Sports SW [and other regions also?] is showing it live, with coverage begining at 1330 Central. If I've finished washing out all my dainties, I might catch a little of the match.

11. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

After that 6-1 thumping of Everton, I'm hoping they are at least just tired of kicking ass.

Parkhead is usually pretty solid for The Bhoys, so I am hoping for some inspirational play by The Hoops!

12. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

I think it is live on FSN, which I belive reaches more households, as part of a basic package, than FSC.

Found that out last night watching "Triple-F". I'm kind of liking the new Wynalda/Webster team. Considerably less (believe it or not) histrionics than the Chelsea fan who DJ'd before. With the added bonus of less smugness, but still with an overwhelmingly European flavour. Bobby McMahon was on last night, and I've warmed to his goofy personality. He's got plenty of background info usually.

Added bonus to the show last night, very hot "soccer fan" wearing a Sounders shirt and reading emails. However, while pleasing to the eye, needs to polish her act and perhaps consider hooked on phonics.

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

The second leg will pose the intersting question: Will Celtic win a European match on the road for the first time since 1967 when they won the European Cup?

14. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

T-W, FSN really dont work well together.

My HD Box guide says "HD Promo'.. which is the usual when the Reds/BJ's arent playing. But the game is on, anyway.

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

William Gallas is a distinguished graduate of the Bobby Zamora finishing school.

16. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Is Arse at top of form?
    If Celtic were going to look decent in one match this would have been it, right?

17. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Not sure how it squares your T-W/FSN theory, but a 3rd party company updates and maintains the guide info you get through cable. Fox Sports is the worst at getting the proper info to them regardless of your provider or region.

18. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Oh well. With Celtic's away win two weeks ago against perennial Russian powerhouse, Dinamo Moscova, perhaps The Bhoys away form fortunes have changed. Two goals can be had! Just can't be putting them in their own net.

My glass is now half of half full.

'Mon the Hoops!!

19. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Yeesh, Celtic were ugly today. I hold out no hope for your Bhoys.

20. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

I'd say Arsenal have been one of the most impressive clubs early in the last few seasons. They seem to come out each recent season with guns blazing, full arsenal. It's mid to late season that their guns jam or misfire. Not the best time to run into this club.

That said, Celtic at least didn't lay down. They are adjustng to Fortune and N'Guemo, and the communication gaps showed. Lady luck had her way with The Bhoys as well.