Burma: Dubya does wrong thing

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, May 7, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

60,000 Dead or Missing

Those people desperately need the logistical capabilites our military responders have, and making it into a political thing right now is the wrong move.
    Never mind the Burma government are thugs and what I've read on that subject has come from UK media... not the WaPo or NYT.

2. Terrier4FFC

Terrier4FFC New Member

I agree with you on this one, pettyfog. It's just another example of the Bush administration having a tin ear. I know very little about Myanmar (or Burma), but what I do know suggests that criticism is not going to get you in the front door. Our government needs to figure out a way to get aid to the places in need. Swallow pride and principle to help the countless numbers who suffer.

The logistical expertise of the military is necessary, and that is the dilemma. The junta has seen us go into other countries, and their paranoia makes the US interlopers. That's why we have to minimize the political profile and just do what's necessary.

3. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Umm sounds like Burma is more the problem than us. Either that or were doing a hell of a job making it look that way. Very sad these power hungry old men refusing aid for "their" people.

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Yeah, as it turned out, those public positions probably didnt affect anything.

Still... didnt help. I'm thinking this is a perfect time for the UN to actually show they can take control of a situation and go in to throw evil out.

Wanna bet on them? Me neither... no return on the odds.