Buckeyes Set NCAA Record

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Jan 8, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I dont know for sure, and I dont really know where to go to find out, but I'm pretty confidant that no other big NCAA school, ONLY Ohio State has EVER LOST FOUR NCAA Championship games in the period of 365 days.

At least, there's that.

2. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

:( :( :(

Thanks Fog. Will you be senfding any other rays of good news to the forum today? I'm off to have my dose of hemlock this morning.

3. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

RE: Re: Buckeyes Set NCAA Record

basketball, two football, what's the other?

4. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Re: RE: Re: Buckeyes Set NCAA Record

Men's soccer, about 3 weeks ago

5. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Although the positive thing to come out of this is a dearth of burning couches and overturned cars in the High street area

6. Fern72

Fern72 Member

Once again Ohio State proved to be over rated. They had no buisness being there. I know i'm going to sound like a USC homer, but we just killed the team that killed Ohio State in conference play. I feel we had been a better match, but there are a few teams that should have been there with one loss records.

7. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

There are 110+ division 1 schools that would gladly change places w/OSU.
    Can't make a comment on the men's soccer, but of the other 3 games only last year's football game vs Florida came as a surprise. The hoops game (also against the Gators) was a young team with little chance against a bunch of juniors/seniors (4 of which are playing in the NBA). This year's football team was a solid squad that had NO business being anywhere near the Superdome last night, it wasn't their fault everyone else choked away a chance to be in the game. The Buckeyes should have been in Pasadena getting their butts kicked by USC.

The only ones happy are LSU, who gets to claim the "mythical" title. I found it amusing that Georgia and USC didn't hook up (Hawaii and Illinois should have played each other some mindless bowl game) thereby ruling out any chances of a split title.

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Another point to make is that folks in upstate New York are probably still longing for the days when they lost all those SuperBowls in a row. The owners fired that horrible Mr. Levy who kept losing them and it worked: they haven't lost a SuperBowl since.

And, you probably didn't notice but, almost exactly in the middle of those four lost national titles [actually two, but that's an old argument], OSU showed how it excels academically by awarding a former 8th grade student of mine with her PhD in Forensic Anthropology. She has nothing but good to say about the institution, and that's plenty good enough for me.

9. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Now, see Don..
    "There you go again."
    - gipper

I didnt say 'titles', I said NCAA championship games. NOW were there four?
    Logic being: If that's what they call it, that's what it is.. whether the 'Champions' title is bogus or not.
    heh... :lol:
    Of course... I really DO think LSU deserves the Title and without reservation or excuse.

And congrats to yer former student. I myself never met an OSU student who wished they'd gone elsewhere, based on what they considered quality of education. MAYBE based on diploma prestige.

10. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Geaux Tigers!!!

11. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

I'm with you Lyle, I was pulling for the Gators last year (twice) and the Tigers this year.