Brian McBride article

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by BarryP, Jun 27, 2008.

1. BarryP

BarryP New Member

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Thanks Barry for posting, I ain't going to lie, I can't tell you how many times I've gone back to the Nooo Brian thread and watched his highlights.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

What a love letter. I will continue to feel connected to this great guy every time I pull that Pipex #20 on.

We were all very lucky, you know -- and none of us more so than those with the FFC-Crew connection who got to see him on "our team" longer than the rest of us.

4. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

5. Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln

Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln New Member

Fantastic interview. McBride is among a group of Americans I've been proud to watch compete or associate with English football. On the pitch, I never get tired of hearing ManUre fans moan about Friedel. I enjoy seeing Howard put on great performances for Everton. And it goes without saying that I think the American contingent at Fulham have made a major contribution to our club staying up in the post-Tigana era at SW6.

Off the pitch, Lerner and Krulak over at Aston Villa are doing a fine job in all respects. They've shown great respect for the game and the history of the club they own and I know their fans have responded well to that. After all the controversy with the Glazers, Hicks, Gillette, et. al., it is nice to hear a group of English fans chant the name of an American owner in a positive fashion.

Somewhere in the mix of all that is McBride. A man whose skill, work ethic,
    character, and demeanor won him the status of a legend at Fulham and a considerable amount of admiration from fans of other clubs.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

well said, HDL; from top to toe, well said.

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

and here's another articlee -- brand new on June 30!

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsA ... ments.aspx

These are listed chronologically. I remember the first clearly. Unsaid? The long pass was from Carlos Bocanegra. Also unsaid? The British announcer's comment that this was a world-class move by a world-class striker. I believe it was his first with the Black and White.

8. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

If memory serves I think his first in a Fulham jersey was a knock-in past Keller (Spurs?).

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

nope; that was his first with Everton.

10. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

that is outstanding....on the scoresheet in his frist and last match at the Cottage.