Brentford v. FFC

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Oct 30, 2016.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Here's a good chance for us to leap frog a few sides just ahead of us -- including the Bees. Special feature: The game is on Friday, and beIN sports is covering it. Fulham FC's management can't keep us from watching or listening to this one.

I've got an early evening performance on Friday, so it might be late, but there WILL be a View from South Texas on this match before the weekend is over.

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

The team owes the traveling support one after losing 3-0 last trip there. Thanks for the Bein heads up HD.

HatterDon likes this.
  3. dtowndough

dtowndough Active Member

Any chance they can carry any of the momentum into this game? I sure hope so. Add that to our form away and I'll take 3 pts from the good guys on this one.

jumpkutz and SoCalJoe like this.
  4. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Me too. And this is still my favorite Fulham match: Only PL hat trick by Clint (he had one a few weeks earlier in a cup match against Charlton Athletic). Take that, Tim Krul!

SoCalJoe likes this.
  5. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

If this is indeed on TV I'll try to make the chat room. If anyone shows up. Gotta figure there's a bit of dust & cobwebs in there at the moment.

HatterDon likes this.
  6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

How much fun was that? Nice to see Zamora and Our Late President working so hard to make our attack work.

SoCalJoe and jumpkutz like this.
  7. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

The starting XI is the exact same as we saw in the last match vs. Huddersfield:
    Button
    Fredericks, Kalas, Sigurdsson, Malone
    Johansen, McDonald
    Cairney, Sone Aluko, Lucas Piazon
    Martin

Subs: Bettinelli, Odoi, Ream, Sessegnon, Parker, Ayite, Smith

Is that the first time this year we've had the same starters in consecutive matches? Even the subs are the same! Hopefully the score is the same too!

SoCalJoe and jumpkutz like this.
  8. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

So all it took to beat the Bees was to dress like Bees? :D

Malone doesn't look fast or graceful when running, but he was doing serious work (MotM for me) down the side. It looked like he tweaked his foot/ankle late so hope everything is okay. What a great result, and it might be time to think this team is better than just a mid-table side. COYW!!!!

9. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

I hope everyone got a chance to watch it live - it was a great night for Fulham. Both Malone and Fredericks looked great coming down the wings. We dominated, but were a bit fortunate that Brentford didn't convert on two opportunities when they opened up our defense.

Recently when I looked at our upcoming games against Wednesday, Brighton, and, Reading I felt a bit of dread, but after the last two matches against Huddersfield and Brentford I'm almost eager for the opportunity to take out more of the competition for playoff spots. Hopefully we can keep this going. Highlights below (while they last):

10. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

I really think that the biggest difference between this level and the next is the quality of the finishing. My goodness, what chances, not only for us, but for them in the 2nd half. But as the announcer said at the end, what a sweet night. It's amazing the difference between a point and three, and how quickly they add up. Personal feelings towards individual players aside, we've got a winning lineup, and when you know that going out of the tunnel, you don't mess with it. Aluko is amazing. Just wish he was a bit better shooter, but I'll take the rest of his game over a lot of much more heralded strikers. I'm trying not to get too encouraged, but six points in a week...well, let's just say we're improving rapidly and let's keep it going, keep it going, keep it going full steam.

encorespanish and MicahMan like this.
  11. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

There you go kids. Always follow your shots.

Happy to see we were able to get one on the counter at the end. I just wish they had done it much sooner so I didn't stress through the last 20 minutes.

Great win. Sitting eighth after today's matches. Two points out of the playoffs.

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

agree. If no Cauley means entertaining football and three point match days, I'm down with it.

13. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Better highlights, again from the opposing team's YouTube channel :mad: