Breaking: Dems to challenge Bush on revealing NIE secrets?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Sep 26, 2006.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Pelosi Asks for Closed House Session

Insiders, however, say that Pelosi is considering asking for a censure vote on the Bush Administration should the entire NIE report be released.

"Obviously the Administration is trying to discredit the NY Times and any other media that disagrees with it. Releasing the entire context of the report is a deliberate attempt to sway popular opinion .. and stifle the right of the press to voice opinions held by the majority of Americans." Pelosi added that this is just the latest in a long list of classified information made public by the Bush Admin to further it's own agenda.

The Editorial Staff of the Times declined to comment on the record, but an official who asked to remain nameless, said he doubted it would make any difference... "Everyone knows the Times has all the news that's fit to print. I dont think clarifying the section of the report we already have given space is worth bothering with."
    "We printed the part that's fit to print... Classified material such as the April NIE report is only disseminated on a 'need to know' basis, and the public has read all that we need them to know"

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: Breaking: Dems to challenge Bush on revealing NIE secret

The funny thing about this is that for anyone with half a brain, the news of the war in Iraq causing more terrorist activity around the world is no surprise at all. What is also not surprising is that the Bush Administration continues to try and make excuses about how that is not the case. I wish the damn elephants would face reality.

3. pettyfog

I wish the Dems would get their heads outa their asses, and consider the contrary scenario...
    The 'other way' DIDNT AND DOESNT WORK, EITHER!

The Islamofascists dont need a reason, all they need is an excuse.

Read the whole NIE release and pretend you havent made up your mind.

1. It's really pretty much rehash. Bureaucratese and something in there for everyone.

2. Summary view refutes the point of the NYT position, which opined NET INCREASE in terrorism and we being LESS SAFE.

Look at attacks for 5 years prior to 9/11 and 5 years after.

4. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

What's the "Other way?" I am not saying the Dems are right or wrong. I am not making this a partisan debate. I am simply bringing up the point that more terrorists are in this world and after the US because of the war in Iraq. Nothing more, nothing less.

I do not need to read 241 blogs about this topic to understand this.

5. pettyfog

The "Other Way" ... and I understand why you wouldnt know this.. is how the US handled:

The Iranian Embassy Occupation

Lebanese Barracks bombing

Achille Lauro

Various Middle East plane hijacks, Navy Seal killed in one

Somalia (think BlackHawk Down)
    - And Bin Laden referred to this as a prime motivator in his thinking that AQ could actually succeed.

1st WTC bombing
    - What effect did handling this in the courts have? didnt stop any of their plans.

Embassy Bombings
    - we knew who did it. But meted out no pain

USS Cole
    - I understand Clinton saying time to admininstration change was too close, but it would have sent a message... that the US was united in not standing for that crap. Dubya would have had NO CHOICE but to approve of overt action.

Now.. this is NOT a political party thing, it is long-standing brought about by 'Viet Nam Aversion'.

Reagan and Bush I were just as culpable as Clinton.

Which brings up Clintons recent claims that Conservatives were AGAINST him taking strong action... this was before Blog-Power, and MAYBE Limbaugh aside, Newt Gingrich SUPPORTED everyothingn Clinton did to strike back.

From my PERSONAL viewpoint the Chinese Embassy mistake, as well as the 'Aspirin Factory' {I dont believe that for a minute} got my support. Clinton did the RIGHT thing, based on the intel he had!

And let's not forget, the US went into the Balkans to PROTECT Muslims from Serbia and Croatians.. is THAT remembered by the Islamic world? No. Becuase it is inconvenient for their agenda.

Likewise... if it surprises you to learn that the US, both Clinton and Dubya, sent billions to support the Palestinians, then we have the disconnect between the REAL facts and agenda based hyperbolic excuses for terrorists.

That there are more terrorists now, has nothing to do with reality.. or with the QUALITY of their recruits... but rather with PR from the media.

And who is responsible for that? Every two-bit thug who kidnaps someone or car-bombs something gets global press.

And they DONT really care what their own press says about them. they expect it. what they CARE about is how the NY Times and CNN - which they see as a barometer for their efforts- see it.

And the current Darfur genocide only adds to the problem... dont think for a minute, islamists arent looking at what their side are doing, seeing our response, especially the UN, and using that as inspiration that they can almost walk into world domination.

The OTHER crap about US meddling is the excuse, the UN and US not taking action is one of the REASONS for their actions. And after Rwanda-Burundi, can you blame them?