Bonds indicted

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by krhimself, Nov 15, 2007.

1. krhimself

krhimself New Member

Bonds indicted on perjury, obstruction charges

Can't say I didn't see this one coming, even though the issue was seemingly put on the back-burner after the record chase. This will surely put an end to his baseball career, if he had any intentions of continuing on to begin with.

This could turn out verrry ugly for Barry.

2. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

Can't say I feel sorry for the guy. He's always come off as a real tool. I don't think many people will really care one way or another as to what happens to him. Just a shame he's already had time to break, and possibly tarnish, some really incredible records.

3. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Hank Aaron Lives On!!!

4. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

This means he has no chance to break the OTHER most important records in baseball... RUNS... RBI...

I hate him. May he rot in jail, or even better snitch on EVERYBODY and clean up our beloved sport.

5. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Re: RE: Bonds indicted

I second this.

6. CarolinaTim

CarolinaTim New Member

RE: Re: RE: Bonds indicted

the worst thing is it took the feds so long to nail him that he was able to break the record.

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, I don't. And here's why:

1. illegal steroids have not been detected in any drug test he took.
    2. both the lab owner and his personal trainer have said that there's no case here.
    3. there's about a half-dozen athletes who have been given the opportunity to make their lives easier by snitching on him, and none of them have done so.
    4. if there had been ANY evidence, it certainly would have surfaced during the BALCO trial.
    5. without any evidence of his using, there's no evidence of him lying about it.

Everybody hates Barry because he's a jerk. They do so especially if they listen to sports talk radio because those guys have been trashing him since he was with Pittsburg. Who cares that he's a jerk? Pretty much all of them are.

What Bonds has accomplished is about reflexes, hand-eye coordination, self-discipline, and almost a zen-like understanding of the complexities of hitting a baseball. Steroids DON'T improve that. We're not talking about offensive linemen bulking up to be more durable tackling dummies. We're talking about a miraculous achievement that doesn't come in a bottle.

Call me Smokin' Junior if you will, but since the 1980s the owners have been trashing their own product in order to weaken and destroy the players union. They don't care that they are putting on the field players who are more talented and accomplished than those of the "Golden Age" of the 1910s-1930s. They, and the sports "press" are counting on enough resentment from the fans to break the union and the strength of the players figuring that the fans will always come back.

That's why as soon as Rick Ankiel made his miraculous comeback this season, reports about him taking HGH surfaced and the same thing happened with two members of Cleveland's pitching staff as soon as they clinched.

They want to take the players down, and they know that if they can take Barry Bonds down, the rest will fall easily.

I believe there is no evidence. I believe that, in Barry Bonds, they have the guy least likely to play ball. I hope that the investigation fails, that he sues MLB for everything he can get out of it, and that Bud Selig and the owners and former owners turn out like the fools they are.

8. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

A lesson in ego. Here was a guy who was a first ballot hall of famer, but couldn't stand McGuire and Sosa getting all the headlines. Then goes with the infamous 'I didn't knowingly take steriods' defense. His ego just wouldn't let him just be honest and ask for forgiveness. In today's world of Robert Blake, Phil Spector, et al. I can't see him getting anything more than a few years probation.

In a fantasy world I would love for Selig (the biggest hypocritical scumbag in American sports) to be also indicted. Did he not perjure himself when he lied about not knowing Big Mac, Sammy, Camamitti, etc. were doing the juice?? EVERYBODY knew it, but coming off the strike he turned a blind eye. Now he's trying to "clean up" the game?? Sounds like a drug dealer cleaning up his own street. May he rot w/Barry

9. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Don as usual, an extremely well articulated, thought out response. However, the Feds don't indict w/out evidence. He HAS tested positive for steriods, how they are going to prove Barry KNEW he was taking them is what the case he about. Without going too deep into the book written (of which Barry has never denied or sued for libel) he shoe size at age 35 grew 3 sizes.

What the juice helped him with is not the hand-eye coordination, he was already one of the best hitters of all time, it was the distances of his hits. He was a slasher, and a doubles hitter w/hr power, who would've finished w/500 hr's, next thing you know those doubles off the wall were ending up in McCovey Cove.