Bolton v Fulham

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by BarryP, Aug 13, 2007.

1. CravenIsMyChurch

CravenIsMyChurch New Member

If you have worries about Dempseys ability to play in the top flight, then I guess we have some worries about Fulham's ability to play in the top flight. Things happen around Duece, he'll be alright as will Fulham. How long before LS tries to bring in Roy Carroll ...just kidding

2. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

I think everyone has pretty much nailed it on the head.

Warner

Baird - Knight - Boca - Kon
    Dempsey - Smertin - Davis - Cook
    McBride - Kamara

While I agree that Baird made some mistakes, he also looked a bit solid. I also think Duece should get the start. It's high time to see what he can do with a full (or fullish) match.

3. bostoncottage

bostoncottage New Member

We had both good luck and bad luck against Arsenal. While it was a tough blow to not come away with at least a point, FFC did hang with one of the best clubs in the world on the road and looked good doing it. I think Lawrie uses the game as positive motivation and the Cottagers come out flying in their home opener.

Warner
    Rosenior Knight Bocanegra Konchesky
    Davies Smertin Davis Dempsey
    Kamara McBride

Fulham 2-0 Bolton

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

3-1

One of them, for each side, on a pen. It's gonna be 'scrappy'

5. Lyle

Lyle New Member

I say 1-1. Bolton will be wanting to right their Saturday wrong. Nicolas Anelka scares me a little bit.

6. VikingDC

VikingDC New Member

hopefully LS explained to clint that he needs to put forth a lot more effort getting back to play defense... but, we dont know what he was instructed to do when he came on at the half... i think cook is still not fit, and i dont really like clint to play LW, he is either RW or attacking mid/striker...

regardless if he expects to start this season he is going to have to show more effort and show better finishing...
    i say:
    ------------ Warner -------------
    Baird -- Zat -- Boca -- Konchesky
    Davies -- Davis -- Smertin -- Bouzza/demps
    ------- McBride -- Kamara --

i picked baird again because i want to see what he is all about, i am not ready to write him off after just one game...

7. andyns

andyns New Member

I agree about Baird. In his first Premier League game he came up against van Persie, one of the most difficult strikers in the league to contain. He needs more chances.

8. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

While van Persie made him look silly at times, I thought Baird got his "stuff" together in the last 15 minutes or so (granted van Persie was taken out about then).

9. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Fulhams performance/ability hardly revolve around Clint. I think this match will depend on the defense once again. Its wet here currently and it could be a match full of mistakes from both sides.

I am fairly confident after the arsenal match and I think that Kamara and Healy will be upfront with mcbride coming on for healy later.

I really liked Baird against Arsenal, he did get done a couple of times but overall he has the athletic ability to really do a great job at right back.

COYW's

10. jmh

jmh New Member

It was Hleb who made Baird look silly at times, not van Persie.

11. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

If we are being honest, at times Rosicky, Hleb and Van Persie made our entir back line look like swiss cheese. The only one who really seemed to hold his own was... (deep breath) Zat.

When Hleb scored the final goal it was a total defensive break down. That goal can't be attributed to one player's mistake.

On a lighter note... it is a just a couple of hours until the boys from Fulham run all over Bolton. Get in there Kamara... I think he has a brace in him.

12. jmh

jmh New Member

True, and I wasn't trying to put all the responsibility for everything on Baird, I was just pointing out that because Baird was out wide and Van Persie was in the middle, Baird was most often on Hleb (e.g. the penalty in the first half that wasn't given).

13. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

I'm a little worried about Wilhelmsen....I think this guy is a good player...hopefully he's not match fit and doesn't run us ragged in the midfield.

14. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

I'm giddy. I believe this could be our first W, as well as be able to show proper form and kick all the pre-season nay sayers in the teeth.

I need a good pick me up after last weekend, when I had to endure BOTH Fulham and the Crew lose in the final minutes. My poor girlfriend had already watched the fulham match, and slyly took the remote from my hand before the chaos began.

15. Team_of_McBrides

That is a wise "bird" that you have there.

16. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

Indeed she is, ToM. But at that point I figured something was up. I just thought it was a tie. Not a kick to the gut.

:D

17. HarbordSteve

HarbordSteve New Member

Are any London-based FulhamUSA'ers attending tonight? I have a group of 5 from my office coming along with me. Golden Lion before/after?

COYW

18. WonsanUnited

WonsanUnited New Member

Healy needs to get the start! Or come on as an early sub! He played so well against Arse, besides that goal, he was creating so many chances and was just getting behind Arse's backline. Here's my lineup:

Warner
    Volz Knight Bocanegra Konchesky
    Dempsey Davies Smertin Cook
    McBride Kamara

Fulham wins 2-0.

19. andyns

andyns New Member

It's pay at the gate tonight. What a shame, home opener after spending 20 odd million pounds, and we can't even sell out our small ground.

20. Team_of_McBrides

Anyone going to be in the chatroom for the delayed broadcast? Not sure if I want to stop by, because there may be a chance of someone ruining the score...