Bolton v Fulham

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by BarryP, Aug 13, 2007.

1. BarryP

BarryP New Member

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I predict a yellow card for HH within 10 minutes of his appearance on the pitch. His usual over/under is 8 I think.

Lineup for me? [assuming SHN and Liam are not being considered]

------------ Warner -------------
    Volzy -- Zat -- Boca -- Konchesky
    Dempsey -- Davis -- Smertin -- Davies
    -------- Macca -- Kamara --

This is NOT a demotion for Baird; rather it's recognition that it's a short time between Sunday and Wednesday.

I'd like to see Davies on for Dempsey and Healy on for Macca at half-time [captains armband to Boca], with the possibility of Cook making a last 15 minute appearance.

I'd also like to see the same level of courage and committment.

My prediction -- Fulham 3 Bolton 1

3. andyns

andyns New Member

Bolton look ripe for the picking. Save Anelka, they are rubbish.
    I'd go for Don's lineup there, just switch Davies and Dempsey.

4. FarPost79

FarPost79 New Member

I am in favor of seeing Dempsey start on Wednesday. I think it is only a matter of time until he really breaks through and wins the starting job on more of a regular basis. If he only could have slotted that shot into the corner against Arsenal. It is going to be a swell season for us boys!

5. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Dempsey deserves to start one of the next 2 games (3 games in 7 days for the team will require some rotation) - let's judge him after he plays 60-90 minutes.

Bolton did not look good on Saturday - the look more bottom half than Fulham.

6. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

------------ Warner -------------
    Volzy/Liam -- Zat -- Boca -- Konchesky
    Davies -- Davis -- Smertin -- Cook
    -------- Macca -- Kamara --

Bump Deuce for this match in favor of Cook. Couldn't decide whether to feature Liam or Volzy... it is a toss up.

Agree with the comments above related to Bolton looking a bit thin and ripe for the picking. Prime time to run riot on a poor Bolton side. Roll on Wednesday.

7. jmh

jmh New Member

Re: RE: Bolton v Fulham

How can Davies come on for Dempsey at halftime if you've got them both in your starting lineup?

Warner
    Not Baird - Knight - Boca - Konchesky
    Davies - Smertin - Davis - Dempsey
    McHead - Kamara

Batista
    Baird
    Bouazza
    Diop
    Healy

I'd actually like to see Diop dropped from the squad for a match after his post-penalty antics - amateurish in the extreme - but I can't come up with someone else I'd pick to take his spot.

8. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

RE: Re: RE: Bolton v Fulham

Diop's post goal antics were shameful and embarassing. IMO, you never rob the equalizing side of nabbing the ball out of the net and running to center circle. The Gooners obviously wanted to get the match on its' way which is understandable and for Diop to run around with the ball was a bit childish.

Hopefully LS gave him a good throttling in training.

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

actually, jmh. I picked DAVIS to start, and DAVIES to be the half-time sub. We talked in the chatroom on Sunday about how confusing this was going to be all season long. I think one of them should change his name to Trigger, or Betelguese, or Pettyfog to help us NOT get confused.

10. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Looks like you have Davis at CM and Davies at LW

Warner
    Baird-Knight-Boca-Konchesky
    Dempsey-Smertin-Davis-Cook
    McBride-Kamara

The Cook, Dempsey & Kamara changes are only to a look at how the team performs with this combination. No knock intended toward Davies, Healy or Bouazza.

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Crap; I meant to have Boazza there. Sorry; jmh - thanks, Barry p.

12. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

I'm saying Fulham 2-0....Deuce with a double.

13. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

Bolton looked pretty bad, getting beat up at home by a team that usually sucks on the road. So unless the refs love Michael Bolton's music, we win 3-1. Helguson with a goal and red card for the Bombers.

14. ChicagoFan

ChicagoFan New Member

Still angry over the loss to Arsenal, the boys treat Bolton like a rented mule -- 3-nil to the good. And not a whinging was heard, not even a mouse.

15. Fulhamburger

Fulhamburger New Member

2-0 to Fulham

Goal for Davis (36') and Smertin (61')

not quite sold on Dempsey's ability to play in the top flight so give the start to Davies or even give Lee Cook a shout.

16. jmh

jmh New Member

"Why should I have to change? He's the one who sucks."

Don, I see what you mean, but we should all be able to handle the spelling difference between the two. I guess if you wanted you could call them Welsh Davies and Irish Davis.

I think Fulhamburger is right that Smertin is going to find the back of the net one of these games. Dunno if it'll be Wednesday, but sooner or later.

17. BC

BC New Member

Seems like most of the probable starting lineups have been posted already. So, I'll just say that I'd like to see Deuce start, Liam for Baird and Kamara for Healy. Oh, and Diop to some other team.

And Bullard back.

That's it :)

18. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Bolton didn't play that bad on Saturday. Newcastle was just good. I'm not sure this will be an easy win. They have a lot of talent on their team. El Hadj Diouf may play as well.

19. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

I'm looking forward to this one considering how poor Bolton looked against Newcastle on their first game. Sure, Fulham also lost, but they didn't roll over or anything. I expect Fulham to be attacking more from the start given that they are starting at home. I think the good guys can get 3 on Wednesday.

20. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

i think bolton will rebound, but fulham will win it 2-1. sammy lee still hasnt won a match since becoming manager. and i hope that streak continues through wednesday.

i wont do a lineup because i really have no idea what LS will do on such a short break. i just hope pearce doesn't play.