BLOODY YANKS

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by LBNo11, Feb 3, 2008.

1. LBNo11

LBNo11 Member

...you should be proud of Dempsey and McGod. What Dempsey lacks in experience - which he is obviously gaining each match - he makes up with 110% committment. Far from the finished article it has to be said, but he has the right attitude, and wants to play in the white shirt and he is growing in stature.

McGod, well what do you say about a guy who exemplifies a professional attitude? His first game since his injury was in a midweek friendly, but he has got himself fit enough to not only make it to the bench, but to play 20 minutes in the premiership as substitute - and raise the spirit of the team and the fans.

I take it back, you shouldn't be proud - you should be BLOODY PROUD..!

COYW !!!

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Thank you LBNo11 and you should be bloody proud too - of Bullard, Fulham, all of it!

3. Fulhamburger

Fulhamburger New Member

RE: Re: BLOODY YANKS

who says we're not proud of them?

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I'd say it would be hard to imagine Fulham not staying up with both Bullard and McBride avainlable to inspire. And, of course, Dempsey with his new found grit and determination.

May B McB inspire E Johnson, likewise.

5. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Bloody proud of all of Fulham! It would have been easy to give up after the own goal but grit, guts and skill won the day.

Fulham deserved this win!

6. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I gained alot of respect for Dempsey yesterday, not just for his committment but also for his recognition of the crowd.

After he kept the ball in the field of play in the second half (from an Antti Niemi kick) and then got fouled, all of the Fulham fans in Hammy started to sing his song, which he then acknowledged by a bit of clapped and a 'come on!'.

7. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

And what is his song Mike???

8. Kathy

Kathy New Member

Dempsey is a class act and a local hero here in New England, not to mention USA player of the year. Brian "McGod" is a legend plain and simple! Your recognition, LBNo11, makes it even sweeter.

9. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Re: RE: Re: BLOODY YANKS

He scores with his leeeeeft
    He scores with his riiiiiiiight
    That boy Clint Dempsey
    Makes Drogba look Shite

10. LBNo11

LBNo11 Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: BLOODY YANKS

...I saw that too Mike, a nice touch, which as you say, I'm sure will endear him to the faithful. Each time we scored, his reaction was just like when he scored against Liverpool to stay up last season - he feels our joy, he shares our passion. I hope our latest addition from your shores proves to be in the same mould as his fellow countrymen.

Mike, you will have to sneak in a digital recorder into the Hammersmith End, so that you can send a WAV file to Jim to start an audio selection of the songs as a feature on FUSA. I'm sure those who cannot afford the trip over would like to be able to sing along during games too...

COYW!

[punctuation changes]

11. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Great idea, LBno11. And to take it a step further, it could play on a continuous loop during matches, as everyone gets together in our on-line version of The Cottage, the FulhamUSA chat room.

That would be rad.

12. dave2d2

dave2d2 New Member

There is hope for American footballers in Europe. There is hope for American football in general. Wish the "boom-ball" version of football they play in MSL would stop.