Birmingham vs. FULHAM

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Jan 20, 2005.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

A win in this match and Fulham would really be soaring high!! This game could finally give our boys the confidence they need to show that they are not a relegation contender.

I say Cole and Radz up front...I know Cole has been off but I think against Brummy he will turn it around...

Your line ups fellas???

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

While Fulham has gnoe 5 straight without a loss, Birmingham is headed in the opposite direction. The Blues have lost 3 in a row in the league. A wn would tie us with them for 13th. That would be great. My lineup is as follows:

Eddie
    Volzy, Rehman, Knight, Boca
    Rosenior, Diop, Pembo, Boa Morte
    Cole, Radz

I know Rosenior is a right back, but I am of the belief that he would be solid in the midfield as well. I think this is a great game to give him a shot. Perhaps I am wrong, but Liam brings a lot of heartm skill and determination to the team. I think Cookie should give him a shot. What does everyone think of Liam Rosenior in the midfield?

3. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Boca should be out because of his 5 yellow cards. So will Green get a shot at first team?Pembridge is an ok player but, Clark has done well since he has come back from injury. Fontaine should get a start at first team. I mean Knight has been Average at best all season. It is not inexperince he has been in the Premiership for like 3 seasons. Hes not 20 hes 24. Fontaine is 18 and Fulham are away from the relegation battle. He should get a couple of starts and if he does well then he should start all season. Right side of the midfield will be the problem. Malbranque is out and Fulham are at their best when they have 2 fast outside midfielders on the team.When Boa and Malbranque are on the field Fulham do really well. The other defense has problems. So Rosenior could be the answer.

------------------------------------VDS---------------------------------------------

--------Volz------------------Fontaine----------------Rehman------Green-------

-------Rosenior-------------Diop--------------------Clark---------Boa Morte----

---------------------------Radz-----------------------Cole-------------------------

Bench
    Mcbride
    John
    Pembridge
    Knight
    Crossley

None of this 4-5-1. Radz isnt that good when Fulham play a 4-5-1. Radz is a better forward than a right side midfielder. Cole needs to have a good match. If Fulham can win they can be 13th and maybe 12 points of the relegation battle or 3-4 points away from 9th and playing Villa in the next Premiership match.

4. BostonDan

BostonDan New Member

I like Tom's lineup except with Clark instead of Pembo. He provides some leadership and is more consistent. As bad as Knight was last game, you have to leave him in there. You can't put Fontaine and Zesh together back there - just too little experience for so important a game.

5. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I do not think Boca is out. According to the BBC's stats, Bocanegra has 4 yellow cards. His next card will warrant a one match suspension.

As for what Dan said, perhaps Clarkie is the man for the job in the midfield. Is hit fitness good enough to go an entire match? Pembo has had some luck against Brum at St. Andrews this season. He scored the lone goal in Fulham's 1-0 win over the Blues in the Carling Cup earlier this season.

6. BostonDan

BostonDan New Member

Good point about Clark's fitness Tom. He may not be effective going the full 90. Pembo has had some great moments like the Brum goal and the great assist to Radz at Southampton. He doesn't help the defense though and goes through stretches where he constantly gives up the ball in the midfield. I just wish there were another choice.

7. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Clark... time someone stepped up!

8. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I am with you on this one Dan. I wish we had someone else. I think Pembo will start with Clarky coming off the bench in the second half.

9. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Pembridge will probably start. He isnt that good but, Clark probably cant play for 90 minutes. Fulham need someone to play in the central midfield. That is one place they need to get help in the summer.Diop is playing like Vieira. Yes yes he is not as good but, maybe within another year he can be just as good or better. Diop can shoot from 30 yards out,He is a player that can score off of Set Pieces. One thing he does need to work on is passing. If he can pass the ball better then he can become a world class midfielder.

As for the central defense well Knight should not start. He isnt that good of a defender. It isnt inexperince. He just isnt that good. Fontaine should start.

10. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

Todays' Line UP:

Edwin van der Sar
    Moritz Volz
    Carlos Bocanegra
    Zat Knight
    Zesh Rehman
    Mark Pembridge
    Tomasz Radzinski
    Papa Bouba Diop
    Lee Clark (C)
    Andrew Cole
    Luis Boa Morte

To much inexperience in the back...so maybe Clark and pembo combined to make up for it....but that means lack of pace in the midfield!

11. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

It is still 0-0 and I cannot get the radio because computer problems, but if I hear we are playing the 4-5-1 I am gonna go bullistic.

12. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

I hate to break the bad news......

13. pettyfog

See if you can get the BBC match report detail page... sometimes I can find it, sometimes not.

14. americanmike

Sorry Tom, but 4-5-1 it is....

WE SHOULD PUT RADZ UP FRONT WITH COLE, HE IS ON A TEAR!

15. pettyfog

Well, he on the pitch, let him move to space... good try coley close miss.

16. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

WIth the 4-5-1 there is no way we get out of there with three pts. We will be lucky with a draw. I just don't get Cookie's tactics at times.

17. pettyfog

Fulham missed on their power play chance!

Taylor was off for 10 minto get stitched... 0-0 with 4 left

Jim says Boca apparently inspired by Thatcher signing up.. that's disappointing!

2 min stoppage.. still 0-0
    Volz brain fart in box.. heads ball down to no-one fotunaely no Ham player close

boca good clearance out as time called 0-0

18. americanmike

1-1 COLE SCORES FROM THE PENALTY SPOT!

19. pettyfog

papa again!!!!

2-1

20. pettyfog

Guys...FulhamFC MB are pants!

They cant handle the traffic... how much is a chat module?