Best American Soccer Web sites...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by americanmike, Jul 2, 2007.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I was hoping everyone here could help me answer this question:

What are the best or most popular American based soccer websites/messageboards on the net?

BigSoccer is obviously a good/popular one, but does anyone else have any suggestions?

2. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

The only American soccer websites I frequent are Soccernet.com and Soccer365.com...everything else comes from abroad. FulhamUSA is the only board that I care to post on as well.

Cheers

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I go to FoxSoccer.com from time to time to read Bobby McMahon's blog as well as Jamie Trecker's. Other than that, soccernet.com, which I think is actually based in London, and Soccer 365 are the only others I read.

4. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

i've never seen the Soccer 365...i'll have to take a look.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I got onto soccer365.com because I saw it referenced in an article on Soccernet. I found FulhamUSA because it was referenced in an article on Soccer365.com. I pretty much read only these three, ussoccer.com, as well as FSC for US footie, but I moniter Sky Sports as my primary source for transfer information.

The most interesting archival site I've found is the Internet Soccer Database. It's based in England and has information on every current player PLUS historical archives.

After a couple of posts on Big Soccer and one or two other sites, I only post on the offal and FUSA.

6. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Very interesting guys, thanks for the posts. If you think of any other boards/sites please pass them along.

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I can't believe I didn't list Yanks Abroad. Very good site with two or three feature writers that I like to read.

8. GMAC

GMAC New Member

Not sure if these are what you're looking for, but I read DuNord dunord.blogspot.com and thatsonpoint.blogspot.com and of course Pies whoateallthepies.tv (not American based).

9. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

majorleaguesoccertalk.com is done by the eplleague.blogspot guys and is pretty good.

theoffsiderules.blogspot.com is another really good one.

and pitchinvasion.net deals with a lot of topics, but probably one of the best looking sites/blogs out there.

hope those help.

10. Markus

Markus Member

sports illustrated, si.com always is good and up-to-date on their soccer page

11. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member