BBC 4 and Scwharzer

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by sullytex, Apr 27, 2009.

1. sullytex

sullytex Member

Drving in to work today listening to BBC4 on the radio and Schwarzer was interviewed. They were asking his opinion regarding the match up today b/w Newcastle and Portsmouth and how important this game is to Newcastle. He gave the obvious answer...they need to win and its very important to them. He said he was a bit baffled how badly the NE teams (including his former team 'boro) are doing and how a club such as Newcastle find themselves in the position they are in.

Also asked him who he voted for the Player of the Year. He didn't say who, but he did say that he did not vote for Giggs but considered him.

It was nice to hear a Fulham player on the radio being asked his opinion, may have to do with their rising status in the league.

On the recap after the interview, the presenters had problems saying Fulham and 7th. I think they are more used to associtating Fulham's place in the league table with double digits. Get used to it baby!

2. jmh

jmh New Member

Let's just hope it lasts long enough to get used to it. 10th and 11th aren't really too far away to wind up with a bad May, let alone next season. Optimism is great but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

3. sullytex

sullytex Member

RE: Re: BBC 4 and Scwharzer

Come on now JMH, got to enjoy the good times while they are here as you point out, they might not last. Think about where Fulham were around this time last year (19th?). Bask in the sunlight a bit. Lets hope our lads aren't thinking 10th or 11th but rather 6th.

Believe me, that is saying a lot for me because with all of my sport teams I aim low and love to be 'suprised' (that is what being a Packer fan in the 70's and 80's will do for you). I usually corner the market in team pessimism.

I guess since we breached the 40 pt hurdle I've dropped my pessimistc guard down and I've been thinking much more about up than down. We've really nothing to lose at this point except bragging rights regarding the final standings (unless you are thinking up the table at Europa. How is that for a bit of optimism!).

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

The only team who could -- and quite possibly will -- catch us at this point it Man City. I think the worst we'll do is 8th, and -- if we haven't lost our first choice strike pair to injuries -- I think we have as good a chance to finish 7th as 8th.

5. jmh

jmh New Member

Re: RE: Re: BBC 4 and Scwharzer

You're right, we should indeed enjoy it while it lasts. I had just woken up and was cranky and apologize for being such a debbie downer. 8)

6. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I still have one eye on Spurs; their runout is comparable to ours -- v WBA, @ Everton, v Man City, @ Liverpool (yikes!). Then again, maybe our runout is better -- I'll take @ CSKA London this weekend over Liverpool at Anfield on the last day of the season, with the possibility of a last day title fight on the line. Man City closes v.Blackburn, @ Man Yoo -- that'll be a fun one to watch -- @ Spurs, v Bolton. I'll take our chances -- I see at least 3 results and hopefully 2 wins for the Ws.

7. sullytex

sullytex Member

Re: RE: Re: BBC 4 and Scwharzer

[/quote]You're right, we should indeed enjoy it while it lasts. I had just woken up and was cranky and apologize for being such a debbie downer. 8)[/quote]

We've all been there.

I recently purchased my ticket to the Everton game with a small, very small hope that I see Fulham clinch a spot in Europe (touch wood and all that). To be honest, I just want to see them improve and continue playing hard...if they do that...the season will have been a great success (even if they packed it in the rest of the season, I'd still be happy...Woy won't let that happen tho).

Now on to watch New Castle v. Pompey...I need Crouchy to score for my fantasy team to make the playoffs (£150 to the winner)! Do the robot you lanky fool, shit do it twice.