ATL - FFC MatchViewing- Brewhouse MeetUps PART 2

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by terrinh73, Jan 9, 2008.

1. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

(gonna start new thread for this game...)

PettyfogNote: As the old ATL Thread was getting a little long {good for you, Terri!}, I spun off the Brewhouse meetups starting with the WH game. Travel meetups for the ATL folks can still be posted in the old thread, but post all BrewHouse stuff here

2. Jacob

Jacob New Member

Awesome, make the thread. If we can get enough people there we can get a TV. The brewhouse says the game is on at 10, but FulhamUSA say it is tape delayed until 2:30.sooo which one is it?

Yeah, I've been training a bit for my D5 rec team at the silverbacks park. I want to get the team promoted back to D4, but it will be on my back and a few others that are in decent shape.

Had our first game last night against a team that has beat us 3 times in the last 3 seasons. all by 5+ goal margins. We lead at the break and they equalized, we took the lead, then they upended our keeper and scored a girl goal (2points). I asked them if they were the same team that shut us out last season 5-0 and they said yeah they didn't bring anyone in. Made me feel good about the loss. Sorry, I get carried away with the park league.

3. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

Ha!

re: New Thread- I meant the Fulham v. Sunderland game April 5 :)!

Liverpool, ManU and Arse are all on at the same time (according to The BH website). I'll be there at 10 no matter what...

-T

4. Jacob

Jacob New Member

I'll be there a little before just in case it does start at 10 so we will at least get ONE TV.........

5. Jacob

Jacob New Member

The hammers fan asked if I was bringing my butler to the pub. I asked if he was bringing his knife. This will be a fun affair!

6. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

So...this is who we have confirmed so far:
    Me
    Daz
    You
    Hammer (tell him Colonel Mustard in the library with a pipe ;)...sorry. Bad Clue joke)
    Martin
    Martin's Friend
    Bryan
    Bets

I think Patrick is going to stay home...the Arsenal fans at the last game were too much for him :D

So...save space for about eight (if possible). I think we may have to sit on the patio :(. Boo.

-Ters

7. Jacob

Jacob New Member

I'll do my best to get there at 9:30ish. It is hard to save that many spots for the big tv in the main room. The other room is the Arsenal room so I won't even try it there. We could always move a bunch of those table together and have one REALLLY long table in front of the large TV. People could see the bar tv's as well.

8. Jacob

Jacob New Member

For the people that show up, I will be nursing a nasty hang over. Champagne is not kind to me. So if I don't remember you don't get upset. I will remember Terri and her boca kit. LOL

9. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

I'll bring nametags :D

10. Jacob

Jacob New Member

God, ATL_Iron called me, and I think I will be needing those or a bucket of 10am PBR to stay on the train. College will not quite let me go.....I think I was at Waffle House 3 hours ago...

11. PaydayC4

PaydayC4 New Member

Now, I feel bad for missing this one. My first week back in school was a rough one. I needed to sleep in and checking in on that score made me want to go back to sleep.

12. Jacob

Jacob New Member

When I had setanta in college I would turn on the tv from bed, see the score line and go back to sleep. lol I feel ya. You didn't miss anything, the game was tape delayed.

13. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

Jacob...I don't have to lay trail on Saturday. Do you still want to face a pub-full of Arse? Show them we can take it like men?

Any other masochists want to go to the Brewhouse Saturday? Game's on at 10am.

Yes. I am aware BH is an Arsenal bar. We must prove our mettle and blind devotion.

14. Jacob

Jacob New Member

You do realize we have the backing of about 10-15 Man U. fans there. I was told that after you left. It won't be just you and I screaming the team on.....oh no it will be the entire United Brewhouse squad!

I will be there shirt scarf and hat. LETS ROLL!

Edit: and if you say take it like a man, refer to my Video of the reverse fixture last year 2-1 to the GOOD!

15. PaydayC4

PaydayC4 New Member

I don't know if I could cheer for ARSEnal or ManUre...I think I'd stay neutral in that environment. The only time I could cheer with either of those teams is if they played Chelski. This weekend might be one that I will show up to because of my three day weekend (God bless MLK).

16. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

@ PayDay- Oh no...Jacob was saying the ManUre folks would totally be on our side at that game! If only we could get Liverpool...we'll never walk alone!

bad joke...sorry!

I do plan on hashing later that day, so don't let me have too many Strongbows! I need to keep it together **somewhat!**

COY(D)W!!!!!
    -T

17. Jacob

Jacob New Member

Darling, if we get our clocks cleaned Aubrey and I will make sure the Strongbows keep on coming. It could get ugly. :( :)

EDIT: Actually it will be Aubrey since he is the gooner. He should be buying US the drinks for helping them top the table. :cry:

18. Jacob

Jacob New Member

So Game is in a day....pretty much. Who all is showing up for the good side? Can't wait to see King in action, Bullard, and maybe this rumor of hangeland is true as well. It will be a great game.

19. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

My posse rolls large:
    Me
    Daz
    Indra
    Bryan
    Jill
    Betsy
    **maybe** Ken (he's a big ol' Gooner, though...he might not want to sit with us!)

...not sure about Patrick. He REALLY gets annoyed with the Arsenal gang. My friend Tony doesn't make a decision until the last minute.

So...save seven seats to be safe? Maybe I will get up there at 9...although, other than to give us a hard time...I can't imagine this game bringing the Gooners to the pub.

I can't wait...for some reason I am psyched about this game! Maybe because most of Arsenal will be in Africa! Hey- I'll take any help we can get!!!

-T

20. Jacob

Jacob New Member

I'll have a couple with me. I talked a lot of crap when I was up there last time and there WILL be a good gooner crowd. That said we need to get the big TV. The Arsenal kids can have there area. I'm gonna make Aubrey buy me beer if it gets bad, to ease the pain. The whole Man U. contingent will be on our side as well. The crazy dude told me so. Tell Patrick, it's the brewhouse you have to just deal with the drunks. I'll be one of them if we win.

Even if it snows I will be there.............this isn't tape delayed is it..........