Anyone Else Have A Wii?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BC, Nov 30, 2006.

1. BC

BC New Member

Lord, every time I say the name of Nintendo's new console, I chuckle like I'm in grade school again.

Anyway, I picked one up at launch and love it. The controls look awkward at first but they really work well. The Wii Sports title that comes with the game is quite fun and makes for a great party game. The Zelda title is also first rate. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who's on the fence.

2. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Dude, how did I miss this post?!

So whats the good the bad and the ugly of he weeeee? I hear it will make some great entertainment whilst drinking with buddies.

3. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

yeah my roomate has one and raves about it, though i've never seen him play it. is this the one you hold in your hand and use motions to play the games?

4. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I don't have one but I met someone the other night whose husband strained his back playing it. :lol:

5. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Re: RE: Anyone Else Have A Wii?

that's funny.....now there's probably going to be some lawsuit against Nintendo

6. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

7. Buchanan

Buchanan New Member

Lol nice.

I think they look pretty interesting, but me - I went with the 360.

8. BC

BC New Member

The Wii is excellent and yes, Wii Sports is the ultimate party game. The only danger is overexuberant arm motions which, combined with inebriation, could lead to damage of some sort.

The control scheme is great, especially for games that require precision aiming like first person shooters. The downside is it may not work as well with games that make good use of the traditional gamepad. It depends on what the developers come up with. For example, Madden is supposed to be excellent on the Wii. You throw the ball with a throwing motion and stiff arm by pushing the controller out, etc.

The other great thing for those of us who grew up on the original Nintendo is that you can download many of the old games and play them on the Wii.