Anyone else excited about this (RDG, I'm looking at you)?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by terrinh73, Oct 11, 2007.

1. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

2. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

RE: Anyone else excited about this (RDG, I

Ah, Joy Division. And later, New Order. Thought the background story was pretty interesting the first time I heard it, which was about 18 years ago.

That actor looks alot like Leonardo DeCaprio.

3. jonbruns

jonbruns New Member

Man this movie looks great. I will have to check it out. Somehow I feel like it will not have a happy ending.

4. RDG

RDG Member

"Control"

Guess I GOTTA respond!

Overall, the reviews are good, though the Village Voice practically trashed it ("Ian Curtis Biopic gets Manchester Right . . . and that's about it" was a headline). I find it hard to believe that I don't have "Touching From a Distance" in my personal library and harder to understand how I've not even read it. I'm more wary of fictionalized biopics than documentaries ("Joy Division" is hopefully to be released soon). That being said, I would like to see both films, read the book and generally overdose on JD. (Hey! I could even read the book whilst listening to their albums; yes, I do have the Warsaw album in my collection.) Hey, maybe I can even find the old video I have somewhere.

Sadly, I won't be able to see "Control" this weekend, as there are more important things to do, as there's a fundraising gig I'd like to attend. Also, I try to avoid first week showings of movies like this: I might bump into old roommates or people I knew when I actually went out clubbing a hundred years ago.