another milestone

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by HatterDon, Apr 29, 2009.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Just found out that our CD is available on Amazon.com. At last, something with an even lower response rathing than my book!

Here's the link:
    the tim and bob show

2. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

K, I'll bite. What book?

Also, I seem to remember paying a bit more than $8.99 for that cd. What kinda brother-in-law deal was that? The Fulham tax? :D

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

That's what they're selling it for? The dirty rotters! You got our very best price, pard.

Now I understand, that's the MP3 price. Without all the classy artwork, packaging, lyrics, and miles of self-advertising.

Since you asked:
    Love, Lies, Linnea, and Lucky Lucifer, by Kemp Gregory and DP Hymel

4. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Congrats Don! So no low price guarantee straight from the source? Oh well it is worth every penny extra :big grin:

More about the book please.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

That's comforting to hear, Mo, since your one of the FulhAmericans who have actually bought the blighted thing!

Around 1999/2000 a friend of mine, a brilliant poet named Kemp Gregory, had been moaning for years about publishing collections/selections of his poetry. He's a real poet -- i.e. he has no practical side at all. HatterMom and I began working with him. Eventually four volumes were published -- perhaps more; I've lost track of him.

Anyhow, about halfway through the process of hammering out his first book, he told me that my writing should be published as well. After much wrangling, I told him that the only way I'd put out a book was as a co-author with him. So that's what happened. The book is half filled with his poetry. The other half is mine -- a motley collection of fiction, drama, and spoken-word jazz variations.

The book came out in early 2001 and sold 100-150 copies or so. I still have a few dozen in the house, and it's available -- via Amazon.com -- through a link on The Tim and Bob Show website. If you are curious enough to buy one, all I ask is that you buy a new one, and not a used one. We don't get a penny for the latter.

I have actually sold a half-dozen copies this year after not having sold any for about 5 years. Strange.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Also, many thanks to Pettyfog for "smart-linking" my original Amazon.com link and for -- totally unbidded -- making my book title into an Amazon.com link.

Happiness is a helpful curmudgeon! :D

7. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Congrats Don.

8. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

Ok, Don, I knew you were a writer now you have confirmed it.

uhhhh, what is spoken-word jazz variations? Remember, I am a numbers guy. :-O

9. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

The sort of thing that is not for me. :3d laughing:

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Don't knock it 'til you've tried it!

11. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Isnt that sometimes called 'rap'? Not that rap is really like a carnival trick or anything. Just sayin'.

:banana: