Another fan from Massachusetts

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by DMiller, Jan 10, 2008.

1. DMiller

DMiller New Member

Lets see... I am really not any good at this bio stuff but will try.

I am a 6 year transplant in the Springfield area of Mass and am originally from Texas

My fanship in Soccer/Football has been something that has gradually grown over the past 10 years or so. Like many others here it wasnt a sport that was played where I grew up when I grew up.

It all began when my son started playing youth herd ball back in Texas. Then gradually over the years I started watching as much professional and national team action as I could with basic cable. This even included waking up in the middle of the night to watch matches in the last couple of WC's. .

Once we moved up here and had Foxboro relatively close I started going to MNT Qualifiers, Gold Cup, and Rev matches. I finally became interested in the Premiership and Fulham when I saw that Dempsey moved over. It wasnt so much that I was a huge fan of his as much as it was intriguing that he went to a team that also had McBride and Boca. I must admit that I didnt even know that fact beforehand.

It finally reached a roaring peak when I picked up DirecTV where I could get both FSC and Setanta. All I can say now is thank god they play the Euro leagues in the winter. My wife would shoot me if I spent all day Saturday watching Football on a warm sunny day.

Now thanks to my good friends at Delta and their great Sky Miles program I will be off for my first England and Cottage visit next September. Clearly I have my fingers crossed that we escape relegation.

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Read like a good bio to me obsolet3, welcome to the site!

3. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

well written...welcome to the site. how did you find us?

4. jlough

jlough New Member

Thanks for the BIO. Welcome aboard.

5. DMiller

DMiller New Member

I started visiting the Official site last Jan/Feb and saw a post about Fulham USA then. I have lurked around here for quite awhile before registering and posting. I am quite shy or something.. 8)

6. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Welcome obsolet3 and great to see you made the jump from 'lurker' to 'poster'.

Hope you enjoy the site.

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

welcome obso! Hey, where in Texas were you before you moved north?

8. DMiller

DMiller New Member

I grew up in Houston and later lived/worked in Aggieland and then Austin before my company sent me to Merry Ole New England..

9. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

Welcome Oboso. You haven't adopted all the New England sports teams have you?

10. DMiller

DMiller New Member

Its been very difficult not to. I was a life long Oiler/Astro fan but the fact that the Oilers are no more and Red Sox Nation is difficult to ignore I find myself morphing a little more each season.

11. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

cool...glad you found the site and looking forward to your insight on our Whites

12. Coog

Coog New Member

I may have joined the site 7 months after you, but I moved to New England quite a few years before you. :D So "Hey, fellow New Englander." You have whetted my appetite for Direct TV. Sounds terrific.