An All American Premiere League Side...COYRW&B's!!!

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by bearzfan4lfe, Jan 15, 2008.

1. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

My last post got me thinking...With Keller, Bocanegra, Dempsey, McBride, and potentially Eddie Johnson all being part of our beloved Whites, there could potentially be a starting line-up with six Americans...

At this Rate Fulham will become a team comprised entirely of Americans sometime around 2010...

Okay prolly not, but it did get me thinking...

Even if Fulham was comprised entirely of U.S. Internationals...would we even be able to crack the top six???

COYRW&B's (Come On you Red White & Blue's)...okay maybe it's a stretch

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

That would be a definite "no" since the USA's best XI cant crack the top 6 in international play and the EPL's top four, at least, are essentially international all-star teams

3. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

If the top six is a definate "no" mo...what about the top ten??? The arguement of the top national teams vs. top club teams was always an interesting one to me.

4. jmh

jmh New Member

Sorry to nitpick, but technically that's five Americans, not six. :wink:

Regarding the substance of your question... Well, will Landycakes get over his homesickness and play in Europe? Many of the top players on the USMNT have been successful at clubs in top-level leagues around Europe (Howard at Everton, Onyewu at Liege, Cherundolo at Hannover, Bradley at Heerenveen, Beasley at Rangers). None of them are necessarily superstars but I think there's at least enough quality that if you pooled them together on one club side, they'd be able to stay safe from relegation in the EPL. Top ten, I don't know.

5. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

RE: Re: An All American Premiere League Side...COYRW&B

hahah...yeah sorry...the sad thing is I think I even counted twice to make sure it was six...that's what a graduate degree gets you now-a-days!