Already in Full Paranoia Mode for Sunday

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by ChicagoFan, May 9, 2008.

1. ChicagoFan

ChicagoFan New Member

I'm so anxious about Sunday that I'm seriously considering just going for a walk instead of following the match -- I don't know if I will I be able to stand following the match no matter what happens.

Even the selection of Mark Clatteneburg as the match referee is making me crazy with worry. Despite being second among all officials in handing out cards (at 4.12 cards per match, he's second only to Lee Mason at 4.13), in three previous Fulham matches, HE HAS NEVER ISSUED A SINGLE CARD TO THE OPPOSING TEAM. Meanwhile, in two of the three Fulham matches he has ref'd, he has given Fulham 4 cards, including two sending-offs for 2 yellows.

This is the guy who badly botched the Everton-Liverpool derby earlier this season.

I was really, really hoping we'd get a nice, quiet, non-intrusive official, not a take-charge, front-and-center guy like Clattenburg.

Or is my anxiety just fueling my paranoia beyond all rational limits?

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

The fact you looked up the ref stats tells me the answer to your question is an absolute...

YES :D

Better to know what happens live as opposed to turning on the computer to get the final score

3. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

I had a dream last night that we were relegated with a goal in the last second of the game.

That put me in such a sour mood today that I almost just called in sick.

4. ChicagoFan

ChicagoFan New Member

Boy, what idiot was being so unkind about Clattenburg? :wink:

C'mere, Mark -- I wanna gives you a big kiss, my precious! :lol: :lol: