All 3 relegation battle highlights mixed together

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by Fulhamburger, May 12, 2008.

1. Fulhamburger

Fulhamburger New Member

2. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Wow, tough stuff this relegation business. I think Americans would warm up to it quickly if we ever get enough interest in the domestic league to have that dimension.

That said, self-preservation and all. Better them than us!

3. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

that.......was.......aaaaaaaaaawesome!

4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting Burger. Sorry to see Hahnemann, Bobby C, and Rosie go down, but PCB said it best...better them than us.

5. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Some of the Reading and Birmingham fans took the drop with great despair. Can't blame them. If Fulham would of been relegated I would have been a wreck for months on end.

6. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

Loved it...I cried just a little. Again :)

7. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I'm a wimp and cant take the Reading fans crying. It takes some of the fun away for me; so I just look the other way.

8. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I loved seeing the Reading and Brum fans in full boo-hoo mode towards the end :twisted: . Better them than us!

How in the world did Jerome miss that goal from 7 yards out? Wouldn't it have just been easier to poke it into the net?

Goodness -- how did Murphy get so wide open?!? Is he so short that the Pompey defenders just miss him?

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Steve, I think it was because he wasn't supposed to be there. It's usually his job to hang out in the left midfield in case the defense clears the ball out. According to his interview, I don't even think he knew why he was there.

Amazing. And, just like everyone else on this site, I've had nothing but good, complimentary things to say about Murphy since the day we signed him!

10. Terrier4FFC

Terrier4FFC New Member

HatterDon--love the irony. I was almost convinced by those who know that Murphy was better off somewhere else. (No irony here either.)

Anyway, I enjoyed the link. Is footie so compelling because Jerome's miss could have happened to us? Fortunately we don't have to consider that one!

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Last summer, Gary Barnett Fan Club posted a comment about this guy who played for Fulham back in the day who everyone thought was a plonker. He was trashed by the fans and the consensus in the pub was that he was a waste of wages. This was because he kept missing sitters. Then, when the season highlight reel came out, Stu said that eveyone began to notice that this guy that was hopeless in front of goal had made a key pass or interception or dummy or something contributing to most of the critical goals in the season. Just goes to show you.

Anyhow, I was upset when I heard we had signed Murphy, and I'll confess that all I saw was his passes that went awry. All he really needed was the right manager, I guess.

12. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

The highlight of any season is seeing people cry when relegated. I always have a good chuckle, because it's rather like gallows humour. They cry this year, but I might cry next and I have in the past.

Don, it was Michael Cole - he missed goal after goal, including one worse than Jeromes against Port Vale.

13. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Again, every bad thought that I had about Murphy, well, it shows why I am not managing a footy team.

14. Gregweaver

Gregweaver New Member

Amazing video. I wish I was in England to at least see how it all unfolded while it happened like that

15. Bradical

Bradical Member

Wow, celebration and relief for FFC. I certainly don't take too much pleasure in other clubs being relegated, I remember the look on SheffUtd fans last year and pretty much never want to go thru that myself... Although I wouldn't mind it if say, Newcastle or ManU were somehow fighting for their lives...

16. jmh

jmh New Member

One thing that struck me watching that video is how BAD Derby is. Just AWFUL defending. How did FFC not beat them either time?

17. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

If I had a dollar for how often I asked myself that question. When relegation was imminent, that was the rational thought I told myself. "We couldn't beat Derby -- how can you say you deserve to stay up?" I guess the answer is by Fulhamishly winning three games on the road. Sweet Jesus were they awful.

18. jmh

jmh New Member

Another thing I just caught: In one of the crowd shots of celebrating Fulham fans after the final whistle, an American flag being waved. Fulhamerica fights on! :D

19. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

what about "Calm Roy"? Love his demeanor after we scored! Calm Roy is the bomb!!!