AEG motives behind Guppy replacing Wilt?!!!!

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by pettyfog, Apr 14, 2005.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Bigsoccer burns ..

Good question indeed. After all the Metrostars have SUCH a successful history!

This is truly mindboggling... Wilt is the most respected GM among opposing fans, EVER! I know that at least 95 % of all Crew fan comments on him were POSITIVE! We might hate the Fire and their fans but ALWAYS admired Wilt!

I wouldnt worry about him... look at the history of Crew GM's going to NFL clubs. And those guys were a lot lower profile.

The only thing that would make sense to me would be for Wilt to take over the Mutts!

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

This move on AEG's part was just plain dumb. The best thing to get people to come to a new stadium is to have a good product on the field. Wilt and the Fire struggled last season, but perhaps Wilt had some ideas to improve things that we will never know about.

I think AEG was more worried about marketing and sales rather than the product they are trying to market and sale. The move just makes no sense to me.

3. pettyfog

4. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

The Fire have some decent new players. Thiago, Gutierrez and another name I cannot remember. I am not saying the Fire will life the MLS Cup, but it is nice to see some new faces in the mix for the Fire. Big game next Friday at New York.

5. pettyfog

They did nicely last night...