Adu to Benfica

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by Kickflip89, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Kickflip89

Kickflip89 New Member

So, after having the deal "finalized" and then having it "fall-through" when contract terms couldn't be agreed upon, Benfica and Adu have worked out the kinks and he is OUTTA HERE!!!!

Best of luck to Freddy, the next few years should really tell us whether his potential can be truly be tapped.

http://njmg.typepad.com/sbi/2007/07/fre ... -to-b.html

2. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Benfica is an interesting destination. Better than Liege though.

3. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Benfica can really improve his game. That league is known for producing top quality attacking players and Adu should star in this league.

4. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

5. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Interesting move after all the years of speculation. In the long run I think its good one. A good club with a good track record that plays at a top level but not to the point where he'd never get on the field as would inevitably be the case at Man U. This is the ideal launching pad.

6. Kickflip89

Kickflip89 New Member

7. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Funny to see his stunned reaction at the attention he was getting
    "Toto, we're not in Kansas (Salt Lake City) anymore". He needed a huge
    showing at the U20 to get a European contract, so hats off to him to play well enough to have a team w/Benfica's pedigree to give him a shot. Hope he realizes that he needs to work his arse off to get into the starting XI for a club like that.

8. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

I'm glad he's gone from RSL. Now we actually have some salary money available to try and get a few decent players in. Freddy was getting designated player money, and no way did he perform like a designated player should. best of luck to him w/ Benfica though.

9. tibor

tibor New Member

I feel the same way dogg. Although I like Freddy, you could just tell he didn't really want to be at RSL, or MLS in general, so I wish him the best of luck in Portugal.