A thread about watching fulham in different cities?

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by Crewgrrl20, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Crewgrrl20

Crewgrrl20 New Member

Hi! I just registered for FulhamUSA, and I was hoping to find information about groups of people that get together at bars to watch Fulham. I found the link to the Pub Guide, and it was pretty helpful in finding me a place to watch, but I wonder if anyone else from this site will be there.

A message board thread dedicated to people talking about where they plan on watching games would be helpful. If such a thread exists already, my apologies for not looking hard enough for it.

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Welcome to FulhamUSA Crewgirl! Feel free to use the message board to find other Fulham supporters to meet up with at various pubs around the country. In terms of Columbus, we do have a few people from around that area, if indeed you are from Columbus or the surrounding area. I am not sure their plans for watching matches at pubs and such though.

Things have changed a lot for me this season because of Fox Soccer Channel and Setanta. Because I get both channels at home, I have not even gone out to a pub to watch a game. If anyone in Chicago wanted to meet up at the Globe or something I would be up for it, but getting up early, rolling out of bed and watching the matches at home has been nice this season. I just hope we see more and more wins!!!

Cheers and welcome again!

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

This is a good idea for discussion here. Several folks have made aside comments on watching at pubs but no one has 'made a meal' of it.

If there's enough interest, then there is a possibility it could become a sustained thread, if not a forum in itself.
    We dont hesitate in trying to make the MB interesting, so if there's a desire for it, it may happen.

Welcome, BTW, to yet another fellow Crewfan

4. Crewgrrl20

Crewgrrl20 New Member

Hey all. Glad to be here. I left Columbus almost 10 years ago, but I kept the name in honor of Brian McBride's earlier career and my teenage years that I spent being his biggest fan.

I'm in NYC now and might check out Baker's Street on E. 63rd St on Saturday to see if anyone is watching there. I too have good cable now so it isn't necessary to go to a pub but hopefully will be fun. I miss watching with a crowd like back in Ohio.

5. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

We do have a number of Fulham supporters in the NY/NJ area and in the past some of them have gone to Baker Street. Perhaps they will join you on Saturday.

6. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

I like this idea also. We hsould talk to the barkeeps and see about making certain pubs "official" Fulham Supporters Pubs. If the tims can manage it, so can we.

7. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

That isn't a bad idea. As long as people can come to an agreement on which pubs will be the main ones, that will work.

8. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

love FSC...love Setanta...love my couch. COYW!!!!!!

9. RDG

RDG Member

NYC Meet-up?

I don't know if there've been any gatherings, but I've only seen one match with a fellow FUSAer (the NU match). I might be able to get time out for good behavior, so I'll try to get to Baker St. ( www.bakerstreetny.com ) rather than resting in the La-Z-Boy or hanging out in Woodside. The more the merrier! NJ Glen? Smokin' ?? Anyone?

Oh, I WON'T be wearing a FUSA t-shirt, as I've found it to be bad luck, as opposed to it being Hatter Don's lucky shirt. I'll be the drunk and obnoxious one rooting for Fulham. :D

Oh, naturally, I won't know if I can make it until probably just before the match is shown. Fulhamish, indeed.

10. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

RE: NYC Meet-up?

Hey Crewgrrl,
    Keep an eye out for some of the NYC locals. NJGlen, RDG, Smokin, CriticalBill, Carla, sfm, Krista, and a variety of others...if you were a few months earlier, I would've included myself!

I know there is a bunch more out there atleast out there in NYC. A couple from Brooklyn, one who used to work for Fulham and a few more from Manhattan and a few from the jersey side as well. Almost enough for an entire NYC chapter.

11. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

RE: NYC Meet-up?

Would that make them the Hell's Cottagers NYC? They could ride throught the streets on fold up bike in tribute to Volzy.

12. americanmike

Re: RE: NYC Meet-up?

haha, yeah they could do. Would be a brilliant tribute to the man.

Crewgrrl, Fulhamluke and Wonsan United are also in NYC. Nogoodboyo is also out in Long Island, but watch out. He's Welsh.

We decidely stayed away from Nevada Smiths since its dark, smells like cabbage and is full of Scum and Manure fans. Although it is reliably open at all hours.

Baker Street ended up being the new haunt. Very good food, beer on tap, big screen tele and usually quite quiet to enjoy the match and commentary. Always have a look at their schedule online though, cause we share the pub with the rugby loving boys.

Hope that helps! Anyone else think of other NY/NJ Fulham fans? There are even some in CT...

13. jmh

jmh New Member

I can see how I didn't come to mind, given that you've never met me or anything. :cry: :wink:

For a different game I'd definitely be up for a get-together (I've been meaning to check out the Red Lion on match days but haven't had a chance, but Baker Street sounds nice too), but this weekend is out for me - too much American football to watch and beer to drink tomorrow! :oops:

14. americanmike

Dude, so sorry!!! I had you in mind...just couldn't get those three letters to pop in my head!

You would fit in perfectly with some of those guys/girls. The 'American Mike endorsement'. Better than nike any day.

15. jmh

jmh New Member

Well, on the one hand, Nike pays better.

But on the other hand, dropping your name got me in the door at the Golden Lion.

I'd say that's just about a wash. 8)

16. RDG

RDG Member

Re: NYC Meet-up?

Looks highly probable that I'll be there. I'll try to wear an FFC cap.