9/11 and 'silent moderate muslims'

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Sep 11, 2007.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Day's not over yet and now there's apparently a window up to the 15th.

But it's worth noting the attacks thwarted in the last few days.

Which somewhat answers the questions we've all had about where are all the 'moderates'?. It's not just internet interceptions, folks.

2. jmh

jmh New Member

RE: 9/11 and

I have to take my hat off to you, 'fog. Nobody is better than you at starting a thread, saying about a third of what might be needed to form a coherent argument, and then making a conclusion that doesn't seem to be supported by what you said.

Want to rephrase that so that those of us who don't live inside your head understand what you're saying?

3. pettyfog

jmh
    If you'd been following the news, I cant see as it would be all that difficult to figure out.
    Attacks foiled in Denmark, Germany and US {unless you consider a pipe bomb, carried by a lecturer on 'jihad', a 'firework'! Some do.}

if you haven't folowed the news and though about it,, I cant explain it all... I have other interests.

Pick a line that you dont get and I'll explain that line

4. jmh

jmh New Member

If you had written a coherent post I wouldn't have to pick and choose lines. Why don't you explain the whole thing?

5. pettyfog

So far there have been numerous plots foiled, though it's contentious to some as they claim a Bush plot to distract from his troubles.

This also included a plot to set off a massive truck bomb in Turkey... though THAT could have been blamed on the PKK {Kurd Separatists}, which would ALSO be convenient for Al Qaeda as it would have Turkey itching to invade NE Iraq.

It's my surmise that it's not just US wiretapping that is uncovering these but also moles inside various terror cells. And a muslim could hardly voice the need for 'moderate interpretation' of the Qu'ran and be inside the cell UNLESS those statements were orchestrated by the cell, still unlikely.

There's also good intel on how many mosques are preaching radical action and many tapes of the actual sermons. I would guess only a small fraction of those have actually been released.