2013-2014 Yanks Abroad

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by LaxAttack, Jun 25, 2013.

1. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

I guess we could start a 2013-14 thread soon, but Danny Williams made the move to Reading. He wasn't getting a lot of playing time at Hoffenheim towards the end of the season (between injury and just not playing), so maybe he will see the field more.

[​IMG]

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Re: 2012-2013 Yanks Abroad

Good for him. Hopefully a change of scenery will be just what his career needed. I hope he becomes a regular starter but unfortunately in the Championship I'm not sure that will help his cause for the 2014 WC squad. But we shall see.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Playing regularly in the Championship will do him more good than sitting in Germany. He IS a German-American, so he'll always get consideration form JK.

4. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

New thread for the new season of Yanks Abroad. :banana-guitar:

5. Clevelandmo

Perhaps, but I've wondered if the myriad of German call-ups had to do with Klinsmann having many connections there who he listens to. Just seems like playing in England doesnt do much for your call-up chances unless you're making the sort of impact Dempsey does.

6. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

:angry-banghead: Dolo having more knee surgery. Poorly written when it comes to the prognosis, so hoping it's the 'minor' type of knee procedure, where it's a 2-4 week situation. However, he's 34 and we might very well have seen the last of him in a US jersey.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/14860 ... in?cc=5901

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I hope he's back in good nick for Hannover, but I must say that if he starts in Brazil it will be an indictment of our lack of depth. We have to move on, but I think for the net 10-12 years we're going to continue to realize just how brilliant a player he was. We won't see his like for a long time.

8. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/14877 ... ls?cc=5901

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

10. LaxAttack

11. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

12. LaxAttack

Terrence Boyd scored twice today as Rapid Vienna won 4-0.

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

14. Clevelandmo

Read he'll be out for four weeks with a strained MCL. Another player that I just wont ever expect to be healthy. As far as Mark Hughes, and the answer to what Kightly was thinking - it's called "ambition". :D

15. SoCalJoe

Had no idea Shea got hurt... :angry-banghead:

Bedoya looks to be moving to Ligue 1 in France w/newly promoted Nantes. Big step up from Sweden, let's hope he helps his new team stay in the top flight.

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2013 ... fc-nantes/.

16. LaxAttack

Fresh off his USMNT debut, Aron Johannsson scored yet again for AZ today. That would be four consecutive games across all competitions for him at AZ. Throw in a shoulder injury for Terrence Boyd (out 3-4 weeks) and Herc's knee still giving him problems (out 4-6 weeks), I bet ArJo gets called into the qualifiers in September.

Fabian Johnson had an assist in Hoffenheim's 5-1 win.

Eric Lichaj apparently was really good for Nottingham Forest today and had an assist.

Four Americans played for Tijuana tonight, including Paul Arriola (18 year old forward who used to be with the LA Galaxy youth academy) who scored his first professional goal.

Not a bad day.

17. LaxAttack

Sacha Kljestan (and his mustache) scored today, giving him goals in each of his last two games.

18. SoCalJoe

Immediately thought of Peter Sellers when I saw Sacha take the pitch against Bosnia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXn2QVipK2o

19. LaxAttack

I liked his goal celebration considering his ear injury.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJzb9eWxwAw[/youtube]

20. Clevelandmo