PFA Team of the Year

A place to talk about all the news and rumors in the EPL. And discuss all non-EPL leagues and teams...Europe, Seria A, MLS, La Liga etc. Also, International play, Word Cup, Qualifying, etc.

PFA Team of the Year

Postby LaxAttack » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:35 pm

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... n-PFA-team

No Dempsey. Scott Parker, Gareth Bale, Yaya Toure and David Silva all made midfielder spots over Dempsey.

Three of those guys don't bug me as much, but Scott Parker? Apparently wearing the England arm band once or twice is more important than scoring/assisting on 23 of your team's 45 goals.
LaxAttack
Carlos Bocanegra

Re: PFA Team of the Year

Postby jumpkutz » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:43 pm

Yeah, that list is a joke. No Michael Vorm either.
"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi
jumpkutz
FulhamUSA Jedi Master

Postby VegasJustin » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:12 pm

This is a popularity contest in most sports. The Parker pick proves it. Same with the Joe Hart pick over Vorm and others.
"By striving to do the impossible, man has always achieved what is possible. Those who have cautiously done no more than they believed possible have never taken a single step forward."- Mikhail Bakunin
VegasJustin
Carlos Bocanegra

Postby Clevelandmo » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:38 pm

LaxAttack wrote:http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7694065/City-quartet-in-PFA-team

No Dempsey. Scott Parker, Gareth Bale, Yaya Toure and David Silva all made midfielder spots over Dempsey.

Three of those guys don't bug me as much, but Scott Parker? Apparently wearing the England arm band once or twice is more important than scoring/assisting on 23 of your team's 45 goals.

yeah the Scott Parker thing has gotten out of hand. But it is an English league; little do they know that the USA has droves of players that could play like him. Well maybe not droves but you know what I mean - guys that work their butts off and play with heart. Dempsey proves the truth with his stats and that is what is so amazing about him - this isnt baseball or basketball yet he can still prove his worth with stats.
Clevelandmo
FulhamUSA Jedi Master

Postby HatterDon » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:43 pm

Please bear in mind that this is "of the year" and not "of the season." The players voted in December.
Fulham 'til I kick it, y'all!
COME ON YOU SCORPIONS

www.thetimandbobshow.com
www.facebook.com/timandbob

www.dphvocalease.com
www.facebook.com/dphvocalease

www.facebook.com/SellersAndHymel
HatterDon
FulhamUSA Jedi Master

Postby LaxAttack » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:01 pm

HatterDon wrote:Please bear in mind that this is "of the year" and not "of the season." The players voted in December.

I read something today that it was for the 2011-12 season (not just 2011), but they did vote back in February, which still makes no sense since the season is far from over (but it does make sense in Dempsey's case since he didn't start his scoring tear until then).
LaxAttack
Carlos Bocanegra

Postby Clevelandmo » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:46 am

LaxAttack wrote:
HatterDon wrote:Please bear in mind that this is "of the year" and not "of the season." The players voted in December.

I read something today that it was for the 2011-12 season (not just 2011), but they did vote back in February, which still makes no sense since the season is far from over (but it does make sense in Dempsey's case since he didn't start his scoring tear until then).

Not really. Back in December both Bale and Toure were among the premier league's top ten worst finishers. These votes are based on rep and not reality. For aruments sake.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/top-ten/2011-11-22/stats-premier-leagues-10-worst-finishers-nani-carroll-downing-bale-toure-johnson-and-more?p=3
Clevelandmo
FulhamUSA Jedi Master

Return to Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International