NFL Offseason

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by MisterF, Mar 27, 2012.

1. MisterF

MisterF New Member

With the draft a month away, I figured we needed an offseason thread. As always my Brownies are in the thick of it all. I just wish someday we were in the thick of the playoffs instead.

Here's a pretty hilarious Browns video I came across today. Sums up my feelings on our offseason pretty well.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGfLFmlU8zo[/youtube]

2. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

My Bears got Brandon Marshall for two third round picks. If we can sign Forte and make him happy then we will have one of the best offenses in the NFL. Why is that important? Because our defense is by far better than anyone the other teams with amazing offenses.

We haven't even drafted yet. Apparently we want Michael Floyd. Imagine him and Marshall together with Earl Bennett. Holy shit, we would approach Packers territory for number of weapons!

3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

:text-lol: 'My checking account is currently in a rebuilding year'. Now that was funny. I can relate to this video since my brother and I had LA Rams season tix the last four years they were here (their best years was 5 wins) and it would piss me off to no end when I would be charged a full price for preseason games featuring guys who never made the final roster.

Quiet offseason so far. Peyton Manning to Denver, Tebow to the Jets, and the Saints receiving the stiffest penalty in the history of the NFL w/their coach Sean Payton suspended for the year. Nope, nothing going on :roll:

4. MisterF

MisterF New Member

5. SoCalJoe

As far as the new uniforms and being a Seahawks fan, they look better, but then again we are the franchise that had those hideous green ones.

The draft is coming up and for the Browns fans, one simple decision; PICK TRENT RICHARDSON!!!! Barring injury, he will be the Rookie of the Year and get the Cleveland fans a reason to hope. DO NOT draft the Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill. He is a phenomenal athlete (played wide receiver before switching over to qb), but he will need to sit minimally for a year and be developed very slowly (do Browns fans really want that?). Throw him out there too early and he will most likely be ruined. Holmgren as a GM w/Seattle was poor, once they relieved him of that job and he focused on just coaching the Seahawks went to the Super Bowl. Hopefully, he's smart enough to pick Richardson. It will immediately make Colt McCoy better. Not saying he will have the same career, but there was a time where San Diego wanted to get rid of Drew Brees, a quarterback deemed too small, not durable enough, and inconsistent on the field. Brees clicked that last season w/the Chargers and it wouldn't be a shock if McCoy plays well this year.

6. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

How about those Saints? :naughty:

7. MisterF

MisterF New Member

So after 3 rounds are you happy with your team's picks?

Thrilled my Browns could grab Richardson! Easily the most exciting back we've had since coming back in 99.

Then of course they have to make a typical Browns move by grabbing Weedon at pick 22. I knew we were interested in him but not THAT interested. I guess it means the end of McCoy but Weedon's age is definitely a concern.

Happy with getting an O-lineman for the right side but when the heck are we going to get a WR!? We probably have one of the worst receiving corps in the league but they failed to pick any in the first 3 rounds. I guess we'll see today.

8. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

I am very happy with the Bears first two picks. I believe that McClellin will be a good pass rusher and I think we got the steal of the draft with Alshon Jeffrey. Don't be surprised if Jeffrey ends up a perennial pro bowler. All of a sudden it looks like the Bears have an actual receiving corps with Marshall, Bennett and Jeffrey!

Really, the age shouldn't be a concern with Weeden. He is ready right now and has a top ten arm. He will be good for nearly ten years which should be more than enough. He's a worldly person which should mean he can step in and not be bothered by all the crap most rookies worry about.

9. SoCalJoe

Randy Lerner sells the Browns for 1 Billion dollars. Not too shabby, considering he inherited the team when his dad passed away. Not sure what this means for his continued ownership of Aston Villa. The new owner Jimmy Haslam (assuming the sale goes through) started the Pilot/Flying J travel centers, and currently owns a minority stake in the Steelers :shock: aka the Browns arch rival. Know we have some Cleveland fans on here, how is Ohio feeling about this?

10. MisterF

MisterF New Member

The Steelers connection makes me a little uneasy but mostly I'm really excited. We've tried everything else so maybe a switch in owner will light a fire under this franchise. I watched his press conference and was very impressed. Should be interesting.

In other news, Browns season starting off disastrous as usual. First Phil Taylor and Chris Cocong get injured, next Joe Haden faces a 4 game suspension after testing positive for Adderall (huh!?) and now Trent Richardson is having knee surgery. :angry-banghead:

11. SoCalJoe

Well it could be worse, I'm a Seahawks fan and we signed T.O.... :sad-roulette: